“Refreshed Hampton Inn convenient to I-85”

Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is an "earlier version" Hampton interior-corridor 3-story property which was in the process of being "refreshed" during my stay. If you don't want to bother with staying in Atlanta proper, Newnan is a good option south of the city. This particular Hampton is sandwiched behind a gas station and a Red Lobster, hard up against the Interstate but with a very effective sound wall blocking any noise. You can't see it from the road as the signage is non-existent. While I stay in Hampton Inns frequently, I was a little apprehensive when I saw the "pardon the inconvenience" sign in the lobby and workers unloading chairs and lamps, etc., at dusk on a Saturday night. I thought that work might be going on at all hours; this was no the case, although they did tie up the sole elevator. I wish I remembered the desk clerk's name as she was excellent. The lobby had already been redone obviously. The only negative I noticed was in my room, a very substantial amount of water damage and bubbled paint on the ceiling, surprising for a Hampton. Obviously the top floor room or rooms had had an issue in the past. Other than that, no complaints. If you don't feel compelled to eat at Red Lobster or the gas station, there are many, many choices at this exit for food.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We always stay at a Hampton Inn where available. We have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous. The main reason we stay in Hampton Inns is because they are always clean, comfortable, and conveniently located along interstates. The price is always reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ckecked in at 4:30 PM and room wasn't ready. Had to wait 30 minutes. Key didn't work for room twice. No phone in room. Strong Smell in room. Gave my wife a headache. Room was changed. No hot water for shower. Thermostat on AC very difficult to operate. Room as noisy. You could hear people not only talking in the hall, but you could even hear them walking down the hall.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank John W
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This Hampton Inn location is near a shopping area. In fact, it is tucked in behind it. I can see how it might be easy to miss. It has all of the amenities of a Hampton Inn. There is construction to refresh the hotel site. With all of this, the staff has been courteous, the morning breakfast buffet was good, the pool is clean and accessible. There was no microwave in the room that we stayed in, but that is not a big deal. Our two day stay here was exactly what was needed at the beginning of a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a week while looking for a house in Newnan. The hotel pinged my credit card for more than the cost of my stay as a "hold," that took one desk clerk and a manager to figure out how to fix. Then they actually charged the room at random intervals throughout the week. It made it hard to make sure that I was charged the correct amount. Breakfast was what you'd expect. Over the weekend, the place was packed with families in for a lacrosse tournament and the breakfast spread was unable to keep up with the demand. The room was alright. The bathtub has a funny texture to the bottom, meant to prevent slipping. But it makes you feel like you are standing in dirt while showering. I'd hate to put a child's bottom on that; it would be very uncomfortable. Housekeeping skipped our room one day and said it was because our do-not-disturb sign was out. It was out for 15 minutes while we changed to go to the pool, where there weren't any towels. All-in-all, next time I need a hotel in Newnan, I will check others first.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gb1967
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Room was nice, loved the layout of the bathroom. Nice breakfast variety as well. Signage off the interstate made the hotel difficult to find since you have passed the turn for the hotel when you see the sign and it's hidden behind a shopping center

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I traveled to Newnan for work and tend to stay in Hampton Inns whenever possible.

Very smooth check in and great service.
I was talking with the front desk clerk, while checking in, about a specific bar I wanted to visit later that evening. She did not know of it but recommend I talk to the sales manager. It wasn't a big deal but when I got to my room, the manager overheard my conversation, had the front desk clerk call and tell me that they printed directions for me. I mean, that was pretty nice.

Room was clean, good quality, nice bathroom. Bed was comfortable. AC was decent.
Breakfast was pretty good and tasted fresh.

I did not use the pool or the fitness room.

I would easily recommend this for any traveler. If work brings me back to Newnan, I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business