“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Gross food straight out of the can, over cooked no seasoning. I wasn't expecting greatness, but at least something memorable. Definitely will not recommend,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The grilled chicken is chewy. The vegetables and macaroni and cheese aren't great. But if you want instant food without buffet, it is a quick choice. About $8/ person for 1 meat and 2 sides and a sweet tea.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

great for some country cooking, if you like vegetables and meats. cafe style,great on the square location.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Seems like most courthouse squares I know about have a cafeteria that attracts the most locals for the noon meal (especially Sundays), and in Newnan it's Golden's. The food and atmosphere are probably between very good and average, but I gave the establishment the benefit of the doubt in my ratings because I live in Newnan and feel comfortable there. The fried chicken is rarely overcooked, the sweet potato soufflé is always good, and I like the cornbread. This is not a place for a special occasion or a date, but it's a good southern cafeteria.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We took my father out to dinner and chose Goldens. First time and will not be returning. The people were pleasant but the food was not very tasty. My husband had the salisbury steak and it tasted like frozen oncor. The lasagna tasted like chef boyardee. The green beans did taste good. The booths were old and with dirty fabric. We should have known when there was only one other table taken on a Saturday night. My father did say the fountain lemonade was good.