“Im sick now!”

Sprayberry's Barbecue
Ranked #79 of 214 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1926, Sprayberry's Barbecue serves up slow-cooked barbecue and American favorites in Newnan, GA!
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just left and im sad to say that the bbq was horrible. I was really looking foward to some smoked bbq and sticky-hot-make-you-drool kinda sauce instead i got bland meat and the bbq sauce on the side. I can tell why it wasnt on the meat: THE SAUCE IS 99% VINEGAR. even the waitress told me she hates the sauce. No flavor to the brunswick stew. I live in newnan and am totally ashamed of this place. Now i have a head ache and wanna puke.

4  Thank newnanresident

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have lived in Newnan for thirty years. Don't know what happened to Sprayberry's BBQ but the box the "BBQ" came in would taste better than their BBQ !!!!!No smoke flavor,obviously none of the meat had been seasoned before it was put on the grill and the "pit master " knows one way to cook meat,WELL DONE!!! Thank god their "BBQ SAUCE" was 90% vinegar! It covered up the sorry excuse of "BBQ" they tryed to pass off and was the only moist part of the meal!!!Never again will Sprayberry's get a dime of my money!!

5  Thank Chris H
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A pretty good place, but the competition for BBQ is pretty stiff in these parts. Incredibly friendly, and I don't think any waitress has ever worked so hard to keep my glass full of ice tea (she even gave me a tall cup full "for the road" to take with me at the end of the meal). Home made stuff, very good prices, but not the very best southern bbq I've ever had.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I've been going to Sprayberry's since 1973. The place is simply the best! Forget all these bad reviews. The food is well prepared by folks you care and the fries and onion rings are always hot and fresh. I love their bar b q sandwich and always leave happy!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The pulled pork was dry, the Brunswick stew was not a stew but rather wallpaper paste and had a most unappealing color. The flavor was horrible. I managed one bite and paid for it dearly. The manager on duty would rather flirt with the waitresses than engage customers. He couldn't even manage a hello when he took my check for payment. I will take my money elsewhere. Not good.

4  Thank hsl44det1