“If you like buffets this is a good one”

Fried Tomato Buffet
Ranked #10 of 210 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: American
Advance, North Carolina
“If you like buffets this is a good one”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let me begin by saying I am not a fan of buffets no matter how good they are. I always get the feeling there is a herd/feeding trough mentality among the people that frequent them. However, we recently visited the Fried Tomato Buffet in Newnan and were pleasantly surprised with the taste and quality of the food overall. We visited at dinner time on a Monday night and there was a 30 minute wait so I can only imagine what the weekend's are like. Friday night is seafood night so I would guess that is an extremely busy one. The employees that we encountered were attentive and pleasant. Our favorite foods on the buffet were the fried chicken, fried tomato's, macaroni & cheese, and homemade rolls (you have to be on the lookout for these in order to snatch a couple before they are gone - seems to take them longer to replenish this item than others). The vegetables seemed to at least taste fresh whether they were canned, frozen, or whatever. There was a nice salad bar and all in all an excellent variety of food to choose from. The big let down was in the desserts which all seemed to be pre prepared or at the very least cheaply prepared. But, with all the main and side courses available to fill up on probably most people don't really care much. The menu varies slightly each night with different featured items and the prices are very fair with seniors paying $7.25 and adults $8.25 including drink. There was a discount for small children but I don't remember those prices since my party had all adults. There seemed to be a real effort to keep things clean and neat although this is probably near to impossible with a busy buffet of this type.

• Visited March 2013