“Food is good, service is questionable”

Brickhouse Grille & Tavern
Ranked #138 of 210 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Newnan, Georgia
“Food is good, service is questionable”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have frequented Brick house multiple times since they opened in Newnan. The one thing you can count on is ....that you can't count on anything. We had a girls gathering on Tuesday and had a variety of apps, meals, and beverages. The food was good, the menu had recently changed again and went up in price. The beer was very slow in arriving to the table and not very cold. We had to keep flagging down our waiter for basic items....silverware, ketchup, water refill, dessert etc. The place has the potential to be fantastic if they can get the service issues figured out. The food is usually good although there were occasions in the past that were questionable. I make it a point that I don't bring out of town guests as I don't want to be embarrassed if the service is lousy. We go on occasion with friends that are local to the area and know what to expect.

• Visited February 2013

Senoia, Georgia
“Great food but spotty service...”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Thanks to the Packers fan for the heads up! Go, Pack, Go!!! :)

Yesterday we went to the Brickhouse Grille mid-afternoon to get a bite to eat and a cold beer or two. When we arrived, the hostess was just barely civil...sorry, but I expect to be greeted warmly when I enter a restaurant. We were told to choose our own seats (maybe that's a bad idea?) and sat at a booth that apparently no one was assigned. I finally flagged down a waitress who seemed mildly annoyed that she had to serve us, but did do a pretty good job overall. We ordered drinks - my daughter's juice arrived immediately, but our beer took a while. We ordered pizza that took an eternity to make it to our table. Not sure what took so long as the restaurant was not very busy - but I'm guessing it took about 45 minutes or more to be served. No apologies, explanations, nothing.

I wouldn't be impressed if this was my first visit, but I'd probaby go again based on the excellent food, BUT.....this was our 8th or 9th visit and every visit the service gets a little worse. The staff just doesn't seem to enjoy what they do and the kitchen apparently naps throughout the day.

On the bright side, if you've got a long time to sit and wait for your food, what they do serve is excellent. The pizza is fantastic, burgers are great, good beer selection and nice atmosphere.

I sure hope they get their service issues resolved. Not sure if we'll visit again to find out.

• Visited December 2012
Newnan, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Packer fans stay away!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

They list this place as a sports bar...went there a week ago for the Packer game and had a great time...went back this week and they turned off the game at the end of the first quarter because a larger group wanted the falcon game...two browns fans had the largest screen in the house to themselves...Never going back...had to drive 5 miles to get to a good place for the game...They can keep this place...

• Visited October 2012
Sharpsburg, Georgia
“Good food, but what happened to the customers?”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We started going back to Brickhouse after we banned them for a while over their rule on wing night. Even though you pay for what you order, they do not allow you to take your leftovers home. I guess they'd rather throw away perfectly good food than let people take home their leftovers since the wings are only .40 a piece on wing night. We actually were there last night and saw a couple "smuggle" their leftover wings in their pizza box. Come on Brickhouse, it's not like we want to take 100 wings home.. just our leftovers. Maybe that's why the crowds have gone away. On previous wing nights, the place used to be packed. When we were there, there was hardly anyone there. The same thing goes for the nights we've been there where there's a band playing. We were there several months ago for an 80s band to play and the place was packed. The last few times we've gone there, there have been seats available when the band plays. The food is good, so I'm only guessing people just don't like the service anymore? I don't know. I did read that the other Brickhouse in Lagrange is no longer affiliated with the Newnan Brickhouse. Maybe there's more to the story than what I know. I've tried the meatloaf sandwich, which is really good and the buffalo chicken sandwich, which doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore, which I can see why. It just didn't have that kick you'd expect with something buffalo. The wings are good. Not sure why one person said they were small. Ours last night were big. The tavern burger is one of my favorites. I love a good burger with bacon, cheese and egg on it. The fries are a little pricey for a side.. $3.95 and they come out in a bowl. Fry them a little longer to crisp them up and they'll be better. Pizza is good, too, though, not the cheapest. My husband ordered the fried grouper one Friday night and it was really good. The chicken tenders are good, too. You get a big plate of them along with fries. So, I'm not really sure what's driven the customers away. I hope Brickhouse makes it. Not many places in Newnan have bands along with good food. Maybe this is just a slow period for them since it's football season at the local high schools. Oh, I can't say much for the decor. The wood booths are ugly and it seems everytime we sit at a hightop, I get the seat where the floor moves when someone walks by.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 2Beagles4Me
“Wings have shrunk!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

After frequenting this place since it opened and every two weeks I am sorry to say I won't be back. I had been hyping this place for my fellow fantasy football drafters for a few weeks. What do I get? They were all disappointed. For wings to be nearly a buck a piece I used to pay for huge wings. This time around they were the smallest I had ever seen. When I told the waitress of our disappointment she basically shrugged her shoulders and she said she just works there. Well that wasnt true either cause work means taking care of everyone. When I asked her to speak to a manager our request was ignored. I hate to say that a family tradition of wing night is coming to an end.

1 Thank Vinnyvegas35