La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta South - Newnan
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This La Quinta was a little hard for me to find. Traffic was awful. Looks like this property has been re-done since some of the reviews I read. My room was a King room, clean and comfy.
Bathroom was also clean. Micro and refrig were a plus. Very quiet. Should I be in that area again, I will most likely stay here. Pet friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Atlanta. The stay was not bad. The room was clean and included a frig and microwave. The TV channels did not come in good but we just slept and did not watch it too much.

The first floor smelled of cigarette smoke. I guess all the smoking rooms are on the first floor. Our room did not smell like smoke.

Overall not bad, but not the best either. Could use an update like flat screen tabs and better cable reception. Front desk very nice. This was our first stay at a
LaQinta Inn. Maybe I will return. Well see.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We are just passing through Newnan on our way to Pensacola, and arrived tired and stiff after a 10 hour drive. Our one nights stay here was amazing! We are traveling with a teenager and two dogs, and this La Quinta was perfect for us. There is TONS of options for food and shopping, and the IHOP that is within walking distance gave great service. Our room was super clean, quiet, and Ina perfect position next to the outside door. The continental breakfast, though not IHOP, was perfect before starting another day of driving.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank krmihalk
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Staff was very friendly. The location was clean and comfortable. Missed out on breakfast. The king suite worked out great for my family. The pull out sofa bed was comfortable and my pets were welcome. Pet friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Comfy bed. Friendly staff. Picture on website is not a pool but a broken hot tub. Breakfast closed at 9am sharp. For letting you bring pets and smoke- on first floor if you do- and being so cheap, the price is right.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I don't know why there were so many negative reviews preceding mine. Either I stayed in a "special" room (+/- 1.3% chance of that happening), or some of those other people may be cranky old people that thought they should have 5-star value in a 2-star motel. While I was checking in, one old timer actually came in and asked if they had "non-smoking, pet-free, and odor-free rooms". WTF? The La Quinta chain advertises as a pet friendly motel. That's why some people stay with them. Of course they have non-smoking rooms. EVERYBODY does nowadays.

If you are paying $60.00 for a night at a motel, you should get $60.00 in value in return for money spent. Bugs, filth, rude staff, etc. would naturally detract from that. I saw no bugs. The room, hallway, and common areas were all clean. The staff was very friendly. I had a clean, comfortable stay for $60.00 + tax, and I am happy with that.

If I ever get stuck in Newnan again, I'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have stayed a numerous La Quintas and NEVER had problems like we did with this one ! We were on our way home from FL and this was an overnight stay with a coupon which stated all rooms had a micro & refrig. Checkin was ok but when we got to the room..no micro or fridge ! So I went back to front desk and she said the coupon was wrong, that some rooms had micros & fridges but you had to ask at checkin and they didn't have a room available. So while my hubby was gone out to the car and to also stop by and get coffee and cups which weren't in the room. I went back to the room, and that is when I saw dog nails all over the carpet by the bed ! YUCK and disgusting. The desk clerk had talked about a dog show that was in town the week before. So I went back down to tell her we needed another room or a refund when she suddenly found a room with a micro and fridge she would change us to. It was on the same floor and upon inspection, there was no dog nails in the carpet but there was also no micro and fridge. Hubby was tired from drivng and said let it be. Next morning I could not get the coffee pot to work in the room ,so hubby went to the breakfast room for coffee. Easier to do this than complain the pot in the room didn't work. When he came back he stated he thought this hotel was independantly run and I will not say by whom, but I did tell hubby that watch and see how pitiful breakfast would be ! The only fruit was oranges..no bananas for cereal, only powdered donuts for pastries and they were old. ONE set of tongs to use for toast etc. waffle batter seemed to be watered down...very runny. It made a soggy waffle. Milk was not kept on ice. Upon check out the manager asked how things were and I told him first about the coffee pot not working , he said I should have called and told them..who in the morning wants to wait on a coffee pot fix ? I then proceeded to tell him about the dog nails, the no micro and fridge. He said ,"oh your room has them", I said "no it doesn't". He said "did you look in the closet," I said "yes we did , there was none". He said "wait a minute", and left me waiting while he looked !!!!!!!!! Then came back and said his key wouldn't work, but gave me a whopping 10% off for my trouble !! DO NOT STAY here there are better places !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple