“Wonderful!”

Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Newnan
Newnan, Georgia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

A friend and I took our children hiking here. Nice, shady trails and not a whole lot of people. There was a nice overlook a mile in on the back trail.

Visited July 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Love this new state park!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A group of us drove down here from the north side of ATL to visit this new state park and to do some geocaching. I cannot say enough good things about this place from the ranger and staff to the awesome trail system and views! We love this new park and will definitely be returning!

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Newest state park in Ga.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a clean new park. The facilities were adequate and the campground is not shaded, no established trees covering the ground what so ever in the campground, but the office / gift store is beautiful and the trails are awesome! The parking is great with plenty of room for boats. Kyaking is available with a super run and great future plans on the way. All around I would say this is a great park.

Visited August 2012
Clinton, Iowa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Has Great Potential!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We hiked one of the trails with my family. It was one mile each way and ended at a lookout tower. The kids (8 and 4) had a great time. The park is still very under-developed but it has some great potential and is HUGE! The playground equipment was very unconventional and the kids loved it, so did the adults. We packed a lunch and ate in one of the beautiful shelters. The restrooms were excellent as well. I am marking that there is a fee for this park, however I am not aware of what it is since my Neice who lives in Newnan had a "Friends of Georgia State Parks" season pass.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank pumpkinfam
Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice state park - close to home!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I decided at last minute to take our ALiner camper for one night camping and we chose this state park about 25 miles from home. We were very happy with the choice.

This is Georgia's newest state park and what a great place for a relaxing getaway. Located along the Chattahoochee River, this park has lots to see in a great "country setting" atmosphere. We chose site 113, a drive through site and found it to be in great condition and enjoyed the fact that there is space between the sites offering some privacy.

Nice walking trails, clean restroom/shower facilities. Great spot! We'll be going back in the future.

Visited November 2012