“Better than the average Mexican fare”
Review of La Hacienda

La Hacienda
Ranked #28 of 211 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perhaps, I enjoy the Americanized version of Mexican food better than authentic fare. The food was really fabulous. They offer chips and salsa upon arrival. There were two salsas to taste. One being a little heartier than the other with more spice. Margaritas were $1.99 on a Tuesday night. Service was very quick and the food came up quickly. The portions for dinner were more than enough. Since I was visiting from out of town, a doggy-bag wasn't needed but there would have easily been enough for lunch the following day. Two people dined and we each had a drink and dinner entree. The total bill with tip was $26. I will eat here again for the food was delicious and the price is right.

There are newer reviews for La Hacienda

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time eating at this chain. We had dinner on a Tuesday night. There was no more than a few minute wait for a table. Once seated, we got the menus and ordered our food. Ten minutes after ordering, we still hadn't received any drinks, which of course we expect either by the time we order or within a few minutes afterward. About 30 minutes after ordering we still hadn't received any food, and I had ordered an appetizer. I finally saw a bunch of food coming our way, which was odd since I was the only one who ordered an app. As it turns out, they brought my app out with the entrées (including my own entrée). I brought it up with the server who did not speak english very well. She had a lot of trouble understanding who ordered what, as she was very confused when we questioned as to why the app was being served at the same time as the entrées. Our official server finally came over and we explained the predicament. He said "oh, you didn't want it all together?" We had to explain the purpose of an appetizer to him. They finally took it away since I was obviously ready to eat my meal at that point. Later a manager came over to check on us and when we explained the situation he agreed that it wasn't right.

On the upside, the food was average for a chain Mexican restaurant but the portions were excellent for the price we paid. I ordered the Big Mexican Dinner. It was $14 and came out on three plates. The appetizer that I didn't eat was also huge and was only $12. I was actually satisfied after eating just the entrée.

Overall the restaurant experience was about average for those chains. I was peeved about the appetizer incident as any decent server should know that an app is served first, as that is it's primary purpose. Nothing stood as being above average except the portion size per price. I would be willing to give them another chance.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We prefer La Parilla in Newnan...but La Hacienda is pretty good as well. They have excellent margaritas and a good selection of food. I love their guacamole (I actually make it the exact same way at home).

We eat here maybe once a month.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

On Mondays they have 5$ fajitas where you can get chicken/steak/veggie fajitas (the lunch portion) all day for only $5. Nothing's extraordinary about this place but if you want cheap fajitas, go Monday.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having dined in fine Mexican restaurants all over the US, we can add that La Hacienda is right there at the top of the list! The chips and salsa are freshly prepared, as are all the entrees! The servers are always pleasant and helpful. The margarita specials are great!