“Irish warmth & hospitality , international standards = Perfection”

Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Limerick Ireland
“Irish warmth & hospitality , international standards = Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Arrived on a blustery wet windy November day to be greeted with a warm smile and efficient check it, our room was really lovely with stunning views and all the amenities that you would ever need. The Spa is just out of this world and the staff are very accommodating and nice ( i feel asleep during my facial ! a first for me ). The restaurant service and food was stunning. To finish the evening off we enjoyed a cocktail in the hotel bar listening to the pianist. Breakfast was just lovely with the waiter being very attentive to our needs. I will be returning. Reading some of the other reviews about the outside of the hotel....... ladies and gentlemen, if you go to a hotel to look at the outside your not living your life to the fullest !! Yes its a bit unusual but look a the views around and go inside and see the amazing decor ! Stop looking at the outside :)

Room Tip: Use the Spa, you will not regret it
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Friendly helpful staff - especially in restaurant bar & SPA. Good SPA & SPA treatments. Good breakfast.
Food poor on 2 of the 3 nights we ate there. Perhaps explains the almost empty restaurant & bar.
Refused to serve a charcuterie & cheese plate for one person which is quite astounding for any eatery that offers this as a sharing plate.
Had to request a 2nd lot of toileteries on Each of the 3 days we stayed (2 persons) & a 2nd hand towel on 2 days. These omissions could be regarded as an oversight on 1 occasion but not on 3.
Torn & frayed curtains and stained carpet in the Deluxe Suite 427.
To the receptionist at check out who said 'sorry now about the few small things' when we took a tripadvisor card from the counter, I think I should decide if they were 'small things' as I am the one paying the bill for a stay in an over-rated hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel or return to it.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have a lovely view of the lake. You have to walk the length of the corridor, passing...
2 Thank mary d
Dundalk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just a fantastic luxury hotel. We would recommend getting a lakeview hotel and the Spa is great. Service and staff are outstanding as is the food. Cannot wait to get back there. This is a great base to visit the Gap of Dunloe and McGillicuddy reeks for some breathtaking hill walking as well as Killarney town off course. The continental breakfast is out of this world but the cooked breakfast could be better (have had better in humble B&B's)

Room Tip: Go for a lakeview room 3rd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I are dedicated fans of Aghadoe and visit whenever we can, we just love the place.
We stayed here last week, sadly only for one night this time, but with friends of ours who share a wedding anniversary with us, we couldn't think of a nicer place to go.

The staff are always brilliant but in particular Kevin in concierge was great, it was his birthday that day too and he gave us a great welcome.

Also that night after our meal we spoke to Dave who I think was the restaurant manager? He was also great, so nice and friendly after what I'm sure was a long shift and all he wanted was to get home! So thank you to both guys. We got a lovely surprise at the end of the meal when a plate of petit fours arrived with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate on the plate, loved it.

There's always a bit of pressure when you rave about something to friends, that it lives up to all the hype and Aghadoe really did, they loved it as much as we do.

We were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite for our anniversary, in fact the whole package we got was amazing value, the meal was fantastic too. It really made for a special anniversary and we loved it.

We will definitely be back and I'm looking forward to it already! I just can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room when possible
1 Thank penfold_04
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Second stay here of late. First was very good.

Spas are one thing but remember a 5 star must have a great standard overall.
The Heights at present definetly deserves a 4 star rating.

This stay we were given a very poor room. Package priced but a 5 star hotel has no bad rooms.
Ripped curtains, coffee table was in poor state, guest book in dire need of replacement, and more besides. Manageress came to sort out but insisted facilities were adequate.
Asked for a new room and was charged 50 extra. We paid to avoid further hassle.

New room was 5 star standard. Hotel stay was fine but manageress' attitude was very poor towards us indeed. Very patronising - I should note that staff were using the penthouse
it seems it has not been used in a while:)

Stay here if you like but ask to see your room first if you have paid for a junior suite.
Demand what you are paying for. The Brehon and Park hotel are also recommended.

Room Tip: Ask to see your junior suite first before taking it. Demand a better one if not satisfied.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank F P
Fermoy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My Spa experience was just wonderful. It was my first time going alone so was a bit apprehensive but there was no need. I was put at ease the minute I opened the door into the Spa. I have visited a few spa's but this stands out for all the right reasons. Rita was my therapist and she was fantastic. She read me very well and at times chatted easily and at other stages, quiet/silently working away. She imparted loads of knowledge, helpful advice, tools for the outside world.
My time began with time in their thermal
suite with surging tropical aroma showers and dry and wet
heated chambers.,while it was very relaxing and had a selection on offer...a lot of them included dry heat, just a personal choice...it doesn't suit me.The variety of showers complimented the thermal suites.
Then I floated into the next part of my day...top to toe organic indulgence...it was exactly that. Much later I transended into the relaxation area...where I snoozed away while listening to the ipod..individual ipods at every station with very well chosen music downloaded.
Now...that was all perfect but just a couple of observations....the changing rooms have no individual changing booths/areas...a small room.. BUT maybe they have their timing schedule so well organised that there is never more than 1-2 ppl there at any one time??? There is some noise (from the reception area) while in the relaxation suite so do wear your headset...to drown that out.
Would I go back again..absolutely certainly...I actually had a gift voucher which was being used for the last 4 yrs and there was no quibble/no questioning. The entire experience was most deffo 5 star plus

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annemcconville
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We recently booked a girls weekend away as part of a joint 40th celebration! We decided to stay in Aghadoe Heights and found the overall experience to be fantastic, a gorgeous hotel with 5 star staff. Would like to highly complement Patricia in Reception who was brilliant in helping us book our rooms and restaurants etc. When we arrived the staff in the bar and restaurant could not do enough for us, it really is an experience to go and stay in Agahdoe. On the Friday night as part of our package we had dinner included, all I can say about this is that it was one of the best meals we had in years however the desserts left a lot to be desired. We loved our stay so much that we are re-booking another weekend in the New Year. Again a huge thank you to everyone in Aghadoe who were really lovely and great fun, we had a ball!

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden Rooms, lovely & spacious
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadoe
The Europe Hotel & Resort
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#14 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,059 reviews

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!