Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
$123
The Dunloe(Beaufort)
$268
Travelocity
Killarney Court Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$111
$105
TripAdvisor
$144
$140
Travelocity
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$155
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,590 results
All reviewslake roomthermal suiteterrace barstar hotelrelaxation areaheights loungekillarney lakesthe penthouseupgraded to a suitesecond to nonetop classstar servicefrom start to finishlast weekendfantastic hotelfantastic stayboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My Spa experience was just wonderful. It was my first time going alone so was a bit apprehensive but there was no need. I was put at ease the minute I opened the door into the Spa. I have visited a few spa's but this stands out for all the right reasons. Rita was my therapist and she was fantastic. She read me very well and at times chatted easily and at other stages, quiet/silently working away. She imparted loads of knowledge, helpful advice, tools for the outside world.
My time began with time in their thermal
suite with surging tropical aroma showers and dry and wet
heated chambers.,while it was very relaxing and had a selection on offer...a lot of them included dry heat, just a personal choice...it doesn't suit me.The variety of showers complimented the thermal suites.
Then I floated into the next part of my day...top to toe organic indulgence...it was exactly that. Much later I transended into the relaxation area...where I snoozed away while listening to the ipod..individual ipods at every station with very well chosen music downloaded.
Now...that was all perfect but just a couple of observations....the changing rooms have no individual changing booths/areas...a small room.. BUT maybe they have their timing schedule so well organised that there is never more than 1-2 ppl there at any one time??? There is some noise (from the reception area) while in the relaxation suite so do wear your headset...to drown that out.
Would I go back again..absolutely certainly...I actually had a gift voucher which was being used for the last 4 yrs and there was no quibble/no questioning. The entire experience was most deffo 5 star plus

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annemcconville
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We recently booked a girls weekend away as part of a joint 40th celebration! We decided to stay in Aghadoe Heights and found the overall experience to be fantastic, a gorgeous hotel with 5 star staff. Would like to highly complement Patricia in Reception who was brilliant in helping us book our rooms and restaurants etc. When we arrived the staff in the bar and restaurant could not do enough for us, it really is an experience to go and stay in Agahdoe. On the Friday night as part of our package we had dinner included, all I can say about this is that it was one of the best meals we had in years however the desserts left a lot to be desired. We loved our stay so much that we are re-booking another weekend in the New Year. Again a huge thank you to everyone in Aghadoe who were really lovely and great fun, we had a ball!

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden Rooms, lovely & spacious
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We recently (9/30/13) stayed one night at Aghadoe Heights Hotel. I wish we had booked more nights. The food, the room, and the service were all spectacular. The setting is stunning. Pay the extra for a lakeside view. I just wish I could have been there longer and painted on the balcony outside our room.

Room Tip: Pick a lakeside view room. Well worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

What can I say about Aghadoe….I’ve been visiting here since 2006 but unfortunately only get to visit once a year and last year due to circumstances couldn’t go, ended up in another well-known 5* in Kilkenny and there’s absolutely NO Comparison - Aghadoe wins Hands Down.

Upon arrival at Aghadoe you’re made feel special; a note in their brochure says “come as a visitor, leave as a friend” this says it all - nothing is too much trouble for them and very evidently their staff are trained which is clear from their interactions with guests. Without requesting, a table overlooking the lakes was reserved for us in the Terrace Bar for lunch before we went to the Spa and again was reserved for our return and prior to dinner - it’s the little touches that make the difference.

We stayed in one of the suites with an amazing view over The Lakes -housekeeping service, like all other departments in the hotel, is second to none with beds turned down in the evening and water placed on each bedside - a nice little touch.

We ate in the dining room on one of the evenings and the menu is appropriately extensive. The maître d’ appeared to know everything about the menu and was able to advise each of us listening to little snippets we said about our likes/dislikes - dinner was fabulous and reasonably priced for what was served. We also ate in the Terrace Bar, as did many other guests, with a wonderful choice the food was of a very high standard. Breakfast - oh lovely, a very good buffet bar along with a cooked food menu available - I could’ve quite reasonably sat over breakfast for an hour or so and just relaxed.

I’ve only returned from my visit and am already thinking about next year’s trip - you really have to visit if you want to experience very good quality, service and value.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed with friends whilst taking part in Helly Hansen's adventure race. The hotel staff overall were very friendly and without a doubt accommodating. The breakfast, which was included in our rate, was very good also.

Overall the hotel is looking tired, the rooms need renovating and upgrading, the Spa and pool area is also in need of rescuing.

However the views were stunning and it was worth the stay. The hotel shuttle brought us to and from town so it resolves the distance outside of town.

Room Tip: Ideally take a lake view, however it will cost more
1  Thank HarringEH999