“Perfect Kerry hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Wicklow
“Perfect Kerry hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed here a couple of yrs back and it was beautiful. Rooms, food and location all top quality. I only recently realised the hotel is now pet friendly so I will have to return and try out with my little guy!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here with my hubby and our old English sheepdog Molly. My husband was participating in the annual Ring of Kerry cycle and the staff were so thoughtful and helpful from the moment we arrived. It started with letting us know there was a special carb loaded meal added to the Resturant menu the night before the race. The morning of the race the Resturant opened earlier than normal to provide a hot breakfast to guests participating in the race.
Our pet friendly room had direct access to the garden, and a large pet bed and food bowls were left in our room for Molly. We only stayed two nights and we weren't the only guests staying with a dog but any staff I met during our stay knew our dogs name and would greet her and made us feel so welcome.
No matter why you are visiting Killarney this is the place to stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irishskibunny23
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I visited the Aghadoe Heights hotel for 1 night with my boyfriend. we both really enjoyed our trip, and our room was to a very high standard. its quite far from the town centre so they operate a shuttle bus a few times daily if you want to go down to Killarney without the car. Would be even better if they offered you a lift back up at designated times, but we'd to make our own way home. Also, wish they offered a later option on breakfast on Sunday mornings (currently 10am) as we both thought 11am would have been better, even if only on Sunday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at Aghadoe Heights in October 2011 - My husband was playing golf in Ireland and I joined him for the weekend staying at the hotel. We had a double room with big glass doors which lead out onto a balcony which had a fabulous view. The room was clean and tidy and my only negative is I felt the room was a little sparse. The food was fantastic, staff were really helpful but by far the absolute best has to be the Spa which was the most fantastic I have ever been too. The choice of tropical showers and heated loungers make for a really relaxing environment. The spa treatments were fantastic as were all the staff. Take your walking shoes as lots to explore. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachael B
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

It is always an absolute pleasure to stay at Aghadoe Heights (I have spent countless weeks and weekends there over many years, both alone and with family).
The setting, ever-changing lake views and beautiful rooms are enticing but the unparalleled service sets this hotel apart.
Attention to detail and the effort to anticipate guests' needs is remarkable. The staff throughout the hotel make one feel very welcome and discreetly offer assistance whenever possible - whether to help carry bags or to arrange a car to town or to the airport or to plan special accommodations for children. One is truly well looked after at all times.
The sense of peace and tranquillity is heavenly.
I highly recommend this hotel to friends in Ireland and am pretty insistent that overseas visitors make it their base.

Room Tip: A lake-view room is utterly heavenly. One could spend the entire day looking out at the magnificent...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Europeantraveller1
Moorooka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My review is not for the hotel accommodation as we live locally, but rather for the dining options. The Lake Room Restaurant and the Terrace Bar are places we have enjoyed as a couple and also with guests, local and from abroad. The staff are always friendly, obliging and professional. The food is interesting and many of the ingredients are sourced locally. Their deserts are especially delicious. The pianist is a charming addition. The spectacular view centres around Lough Leane with its' islands and The MacGillycuddy's Reeks (mountain range) and Killarney town provide a breathtaking backdrop. Even in less than perfect weather the view is interesting. Many of our overseas guests have said their Aghadoe experience was a highlight - food, music, ambiance and view.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank IngridEL
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here in October with my hubby for my 30th birthday. Fabulous hotel and extremely friendly staff. I work for a 5* hotel in Dublin and I was not disappointed. From arrival to where the gentlemen on duty insisted on taking our bags as "we were on Holidays" (in a good way) to the unique check in straight to your bedroom door, to spacious lakeside rooms and great facilities. We had booked a spa day the next day where I could have stayed there all day. Followed by a late lunch in the lounge to the sound of piano background music. It was Halloween weekend so a lot of families stayed with kids which I was quite surprised to see in a 5* hotel but they had a special entertainment room for the kids with supervision provided so the parents could enjoy dinner in peace ;-)

I spoke to a lady who i think was either the GM or DM and she was extremely nice and very well presented. No awkward conversation of sir and ma'am. Would highly recommend this hotel and hope to be treated to another 5* experience

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadoe
The Europe Hotel & Resort
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#14 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,026 reviews

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!