“Still top notch”
Review of Rozzers Restaurant

Rozzers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Aghadoe
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A multi-awarding winning family run Restaurant, with a special emphasis on locally sourced quality food. Rozzers is open each evening from early April to late October, between the hours of 6.30pm and 9.30pm. It closes fully for the winter period. Head Chef Paul O'Gorman has worked in Rozzers since 1997 and he takes enormous personal and professional pride in the quality of his food, which seamlessly combines modern Irish and classical French culinary styles, with items like Ring of Kerry lamb, Dingle Bay lobster, a variety of daily changing fresh fish dishes and Chateaubriand being constant features on the Menu. In addition, breads and desserts are prepared daily in-house. Since 2009, Rozzers has always been at the top of the Trip Advisor ranking for Killarney Restaurants.
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Having been here last year, we brought a couple of friends siren to Killeen House/Rozzers with high expectations for a great weekend.

The team didn't disappoint and once again served up top notch fare and a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

We'll be back!

1  Thank globe_grotter
killeenhousehotel, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Those last three words of your review are the best recommendation of all..... "We'll be back"!

Thanks a million for the great review (your third one of Rozzers and or the Killeen House?) and even more, thank you for your loyalty to us...

It was a please to serve you and we thank you for trusting us enough to bring your friends along too...

All the best to you all - and you know where we are when next you're back in the Kingdom!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We ate several meals at Rozzers Restaurant from the regular menu and daily specials. Everything was delicious. We recommend Rozzers to everyone.

Hi David and thank you for this excellent review of Rozzers.

Given the whole range of wonderful dining options that are available in Killarney, there's not a lot more to say when you chose to dine with us every single night of your stay here in the Killeen House.

Thank you again and all the very best to Ingrid and yourself. We look forward to welcoming you both back again, hopefully in 2015.

Keep well.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We arrived, after having made a reservation, just in the middle of a tour bus crowd. The owners greeted us and took us to the bar, inviting us to have a drink and look at the menus from there. This gave us a great feeling for the pub, which I recommend, and also saved us from being lost "in the crowd". When they were able to give us personalized service they brought us tour table. I felt this attentiveness was superb. I also commend them on have multiple vegetarian options! They all sounded delicious and the chef was willing to accommodate my special requests. We all enjoyed our meals (I am on the only vegetarian, the other 3 are not).

1  Thank TaniaCarriere

Hi Tania and thank you very much for your review here on Trip Advisor - we are very grateful to you for taking the time to write it and post it.

We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Rozzers and that the food, service and ambiance was to your liking.

One thing you would never have to worry about here in the Killeen House Tania is getting lost' in the crowd'!

Each and every guest walking in our door, (whether they come in a coach, a car, a bike or on foot!) is respected and treated as an individual and a VIP guest, and as someone all of us here want to have a memorable experience while with us...

Thanks again and we hope the rest of your trip to Ireland was a happy and memorable experience for you all.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We were literally stopped in our tracks when we pulled into this charming hotel; the beauty of the gardens coupled with the stunning scenery in the back drop was so awe-inspiring we didn't want to go in.

We were met by the proprietor and front of house Geraldine and we were promply brought to our table. Such was the warmth of her welcome we immediately knew that we were going to love this restaurant.

Being totally honest I cannot even put into words how good the food was. It had to be tasted to be believed.

In summery Rozzers offers everything that you could hope for in a restaurant: beauty, wonderful staff, amazing food and warm atmosphere.

I implore any visitors to Killarney to visit this restaurant as you will not be disappointed.

- Larry & Oksana

killeenhousehotel, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

What an absolutely outstanding review!

We thank you both most sincerely for writing and posting such a glowing and complimentary account of your evening with us.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope - now that you've discovered us - that we will see you back here in Rozzers many times over the coming years.

Thanks again and all the very best to you both.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I recently traveled to Ireland with our extended family and Killarney was one of our stops. While we there, it was her birthday so I wanted to take her somewhere nice to celebrate. Based on the great feedback I saw on TripAdvisor, I chose Rozzers at the Killeen House Hotel. I'm so glad I did!

I had e-mailed them a few weeks in advance to make the reservation and told them it was a special occasion. Michael, the owner, replied promptly and told me they could do something special for her for birthday for dessert if that worked for me. I said sure, that would be great.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and shown to our table. Within minutes, Michael came by and introduced himself to us. He was so friendly and he treated us like we were extra special guests, which is how he treated everyone around us too. He managed to do this in a kind and sincere way too, not in a phony way at all. He took the time to find out about his guests and then spoke about that. This is good customer service that is often overlooked.

During the meal, the wait staff was incredibly nice and the food was delicious. When it came time for dessert, his birthday surprise was unveiled. I will not ruin the surprise but it was a very memorable one for my wife - and for me too. It was definitely a birthday dinner she will never forget.

When the meal was over, he asked us how we were getting back to our hotel, which was about a 15 minute drive away. We said we would call the taxi that had taken us there. He said, no need, he would drive us home. I thought he was kidding but, no, he got his keys and drove us right to our door at no cost. Who does that? Nobody in the States, that's for sure. Almost everyone we met in Ireland was incredibly friendly but this was above and beyond the call.

All I can say is if you want a nice meal when you are in the Killarney area, you have to go see Michael at the Killeen House. You will not be disappointed.

killeenhousehotel, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

This is our 200th review here on Trip Advisor - and what a fantastic review it is...!!

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write it and post it - it means an awful lot to us.

It was our absolute pleasure to play a small part in creating a lasting memory. As far as we're concerned here in Rozzers and the Killeen House we're not really selling, food, drink or accommodations - we're selling memories!

Thanks again and we hope the rest of your Irish vacation went off very well for you, and that you're now safely home in Boston "pahking da cah in Hahvad Yahd"....!!!!