“A Jewel of a Restaurant”
Review of Rozzers Restaurant

Rozzers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Aghadoe
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A beautiful family run Restaurant, with a special emphasis on locally sourced quality food.
Frisco, Texas, United States
“A Jewel of a Restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our group of four made reservations well in advance of our trip after reading the rave reviews. We had spent a day traveling the Dingle Peninsula and were a bit tired and more than a bit lost. We were prepared to change into a dressier look before eating. We called and got directions and arrived an hour and a half before our reservations. We were assured we did not need to change clothes. We were welcomed and made ourselves comfortable with a nice drink. The first thing I noticed upon entering the restaurant was the intoxicating fragrance of lilies. There were beautiful fresh flowers all around. We were seated at an earlier time and proceeded to order one of the most memorable meals of our lives. The ravioli with prawns and scallops was succulent. The salad and soup were delicious. For our entrée, two of us enjoyed the brie stuffed chicken, one had a steak and one had the rack of lamb. We all marveled over each dish. For dessert we each ordered something different. They were all amazing but hands down the chocolate bomb was declared the winner. The graciousness and hospitality was enjoyed and appreciated by this tired group from Texas! We thank Gavin for giving us directions back to Kenmare, I think we will all treasure our memory of your fine establishment. Thank you for a lovely time! Susan and Terry Ingram of Frisco, Texas

1 Thank Susan I
MplusG, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hi Susan and thank you so much for the truly outstanding review of Rozzers here on Trip Advisor - it's about as good as a review of any place can possibly be!

We are delighted that we gave you such happy memories of your visit to us and we are extra delighted that Gavin was so kind and helpful to you all and made you feel so relaxed and welcome. We feel he's a fine young man with a bright future - as long as he keeps on listening to us....!!!

Thank you for highlighting our food also..... The ravioli dish you mention is far and away our most popular appetizer item and has been on our menu for years now - it's just too popular to even consider removing it! And of course, Kerry lamb is as good as it gets, especially when prepared and served by our Chef Paul and his great team in the Kitchen!

Thanks again so much Susan and all the best to you all.

Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Wonderful, elegant food in a country casual atmosphere”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. She is still talking about the house salad and wants me to get the recipe. The Chateaubriand was cooked to perfection. We enjoyed a Rioja from the nice wine list. The service was impeccable. The dining room was cozy.

MplusG, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thanks so much for this wonderful review Geoff, along with the equally super one you did for our Killeen House page - we truly appreciate it.

Traditionally a 30th wedding anniversary is known as a Pearl Anniversary - but maybe in your case it could become a Chateaubriand Anniversary....!!??!!

Congratulations again and we hope you are now safely ensconced back home in WI, laden down with a vast collection of happy memories of a special vacation which celebrated a special occasion!

Thanks again and all the best.

Lawrenceburg, IN
“Wow! An amazing experience.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Never have I experienced such gracious, warm and inviting people. First of all, Michael and Geraldine (hope I'm spelling their names correctly) are absolutely two of the most charming people I've ever met. I was with a group of agents from the U.S. and we were treated not so much like customers or agents, but rather like friends. Delightful.

The food? Well, let's just say it was the best meal I had during my entire stay in Ireland. Fresh ingredients really do make the difference. The filet of beef I had was cooked perfectly and I was able to cut it with a fork. They made us a special dessert of apple pie and ice cream, and it was fantastic.

The experience exemplifies what I've come to understand about Ireland: it's the people who make the journey so special. I will certainly insist that my clients take the time to visit Rozzers, and I've no doubt that during my next visit I will do the same.

Not only were we greeted with a lovely, warm welcome, we were also bid farewell in the same gracious manner.

A special evening indeed.

MplusG, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
And WOW right back at you.....!

What an outstanding review here on Trip Advisor - thank you so much for going to all that time and trouble of writing it and posting it up.

It was an absolute pleasure to look after you all and we are delighted that all of us here in Rozzers and the Killeen House played our part in welcoming you all to Ireland and educating (as well as entertaining!) you all as to the unique charms and beauties of an Irish vacation experience!

We hope you were well impressed with your time among us, and now we hope you will go home to IN and sell Ireland to all your friends and clients!

Thanks agian and all the best to everyone.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

As you can read in my review of the adjacent hotel (Killeen House hotel), everything on the menu was amazing but the goat cheese and the surf and turf were the winners.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pim_Verschueren
MplusG, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
As with your review of the Killeen House Pim, thank you so much for taking the time to also post this one for Rozzers - we are very grateful to you.

You guys especially complimented us by dining in EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of your stay with us - we know for sure we are doing something right when that happens!

Thanks again and regards to all the boys.

Co. Kerry
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food at Rozzers”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I brought a group of 14 to dine at Rozzers. We had a lovely evening. Pleasant surroundings, friendly staff, good service, excellent food. Good variety on the menu. The house wines were very good, and not overpriced. Nice bar close by for drinks before and after. I would certainly go back again.

MplusG, Owner at Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Cion and sincere thanks for the great review of Rozzers here on Trip Advisor - we really appreciate it.

We are always extra conscious when we can get bookings for a reasonably large group of guests like yours, because sometimes there can be a range of different issues involved with groups, and much different than are involved with smaller numbers of guests like one, two or four.....

But thankfully we are blessed with a great bunch of people working with us (in both the Kitchen and the Restaurant) who are really clued in and professional in the way they do their jobs.

We're delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and we thank you for having chosen us, when you had so much choice in Killarney.

Thanks again Cion and all the very best.