Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
$50
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 25, 2014

We were in Moultrie to look at some property, and made a reservation by phone with Fran, the owner. I see now that some have complained about on-line reservations. We learned that the hard way, with a very good hotel in the past. We always book by phone, and if a chain, with the front desk at the specific location. Fran was one of the most delightful hosts we have ever encountered. The room was beyond sumptuous and the breakfast was "as good as it gets," first a baked banana crisp custard (with granola on the bottom and whipped cream on the top), followed by flap jacks. But not just any flap jacks, these were loaded with fresh blueberries. As we were considering this lovely town for future (near future) retirement, we hoped she might be willing to share some local knowledge with us. She more than obliged, and after a short while into our colloquy, we felt that we were conversing with a close family member. Fran is warm and genuine, qualities that made our stay at a great B&B...in a word, Extraordinary.

Room Tip: Our room was huge, with a king bed, 12' ceilings, en suite bath, etc. This is an historic building. We really love the historic inns, and are willing to tolerate the idiosyncrasies that older building have. But we were pleasantly surprised to find that everything--plumbing, electric, internet, etc.--worked as well as a new building's.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
innhost, Owner at Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. I especially appreciate the comment regarding booking online. I always try to answer my phone and I offer online reservations for those who prefer that option or in case they cannot reach me to make their reservation for whatever reason. I always do my best to honor all requests and once in awhile things go awry. I tell everyone I get the greatest guests because I have never had a guest I did not love. You were not an exception. I look forward to your future relocation plans and hope we can become good friends and neighbors. I love it here and I am confident you will too. If there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed November 22, 2014

The owner overbooked reservations and kicked us out on the street. I had booked a room for one night three months in advance through an on-line service. I got an email confirmation with the reservation number and was charged a nominal booking fee. Great! Or so I thought. My husband and I are regulars at the Moultrie Ag Expo but we tire of commuting from Tallahassee to Moultrie every day. A night reprieve at a bed and breakfast was something we were looking forward to.

We called for directions from the Ag Expo and the owner denied accepting our reservations, denied that we had made them (fortunately I had proof otherwise) and refused to give us directions to the BB. Well, we found it anyway only to be told she had given the room to someone else and besides...she was "out of town" that day that I made the reservation and she would have "never booked only for one night when the Expo is in town." Well, lady I can guarantee that any room for any ONE night would have been easily filled! Sorry, she says, I didn't make the reservation for you, someone else did and so therefore, you don't have a room...three months in advance and she tells me she gave my room to someone else!

Never, never, never again! Do not trust this one! And don't believe the confirmation email you receive! She'll never keep her word! Yeah, it will be HER changing your plans for you! Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pb1624124
innhost, Owner at Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2014

It is sad when two reservations come in at the same time and you accidentally overbook. Our reviews speak for themselves. I know you can not make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. I apologized for the error, offered to find them other accommodations and even offered a free night at a later time. Some people are just like this. I did not do it on purpose and that is about all I can say.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

We visited many websites before making our reservation. Read the Trip Advisor reviews. Made our reservation via the Barber-Tucker Inn website portal. Our funds were accepted. Then, a couple hours later found out that our reservation was cancelled due to lack of availability. No apology, nothing.

Would have been nice if when checking availability we were told there was none.

Beware of the Barber-Tucker Inn's lack of hospitality. They say they want you. But do they really.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank orpcmom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This beautiful southern mansion provides great comfort and even has a pool. Fran and Tammie took care of us with such individual service of cool rooms for sleeping and a special breakfast treat I had mentioned just in conversation. The rates are so reasonable. We do not think you will find a better place if traveling through or looking for a time of relaxation. Here the porch is still where quietness or conversation can be enjoyed.
Suzanne and Larry

Room Tip: Main floor room had it's own entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was in Moultrie for the first time to visit a client. By default, I looked at the standard business traveler hotels but then found Barber-Tucker. From the time I entered the front porch and was greeted by Fran with a, "hello, you must be Andy" to the scrumptious French toast served on the morning of my departure, my experience was unparalleled. Fran is a true professional and it shows throughout the property - everything was exceptionally cleaned and well-maintained and the grounds were gorgeous. The rate was very competitive - I think about the same as the Hampton Inn, but the location is much better and hospitality incomparable. BTW, there's a nice pool and wrap-around porch that would make it a wonderful place for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business