“We would not stay anywhere else as we travel to FL.”

Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Moultrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Fran is so very gracious and warm, her food is fantastic and the home is beautiful. It is well worth the few miles off the interstate. Lovely restaurant in town for dinner. Don't miss it.
Gerri & Allen

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Gerrilv
There are newer reviews for Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Fran, the owner of The Barber-Tucker Inn is an exceptional hostess! I journeyed to Moutrie on a pilgrimage back to my mother's birth place. Traveling from California, it was important to me to spread some of my mother's ashes on what would have been her 80th birthday. A full-circle back to Moultrie. Fran tucked me right under her mother bird wing helping to locate the grave sites of my grandparents (ironically 2 blocks away from the Inn). I was surprised at the quaintness of this sweet little town. The Barber-Tucker Inn was the epitome of Southern Grace from the lovely appointed and spacious bedroom and bath, to the very comfortable bed and pillows. The grounds-- lovely, with all the southern charms of: a large veranda, sitting rooms and sweet walks to town. Fran was a wealth of information and so comforting to me during an emotional trip back to my mother's southern roots. What a keepsake I have due to my perfect stay at the Barber-Tucker Inn. Blessings, Fran!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #4.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Karen S
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was having a hard time deciding where to go after 4 months/8 weeks of Chemo. Just wanted a night away from worries with husband. Didn't want to go far. I located this wonderful bed & breakfast in Moultrie, Ga. only 30 minutes away. What a find! It was as pretty as the pictures on the internet. We had a wonderful host named Fran, who was welcoming, attentive, and social. We stayed in the Carriage House and it was like an apartment. It was so big! There was a nice pool. Loved the beautiful southern décor in the main house. Breakfast was plentiful and awesome. Socializing with Fran was like we had known each other forever. I hope to have more time to get in the pool as well as check out what Moultrie, Ga. offers. One night was not enough time to enjoy the quiet and the peace!!

Room Tip: If you get Carriage House be aware of a step down from Bedroom to Living room/kitchen area. It is qu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Priscilla P
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Fran is an experienced B&B owner that has brought her skills to a beautiful South Geogia antebelum home. She aims to please and her food is deliscious!

The pictures don't do the place justice.

She has a nice library and is known to let you take a good book if you aren't done.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BA_Wolverine
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My son and I traveled to Moultrie, Georgia for a diving meet and had the good fortune to stay with Fran. Her B & B is the best! Her warm and gracious manner made us feel immediately at home. The inn is beautiful and picturesque. The wide porch is a great place to sit and relax at the end of the day. My son loved cooling off in the pool. The food was perfect! Our bedroom, sitting room and bath were immaculate. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Moultrie. Kathy and Kevin. Colleyville, Texas

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite is the most amazing room even if you're not getting married!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Barber-Tucker maybe the history but Fran is what makes that house a home. Very nostalgic.Takes you back to a more charming peaceful slow paced era where the front porch is still actually used.! Very delightful experience

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick T
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I chose this B&B on a whim rather than booking at a motel in Moultrie. What a lucky choice! My stay at the Barber-Tucker House, a fine old mansion that is beautifully furnished, was a totally pleasant experience. I could have lingered on and on for the relaxing ambiance of the property and the delightful hospitality of Fran, the hostess. I enjoyed having use of the library and the parlor and particularly enjoyed being served an excellent breakfast in the dining room. My room was lovely, the entire property pristine. I look forward to a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrea P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultrie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie
#1 of 5 in Moultrie
Super 8 Adel
Super 8 Adel
#3 of 4 in Adel

Been to Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!