“Old South Experience”

Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Moultrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful columned home surrounded by trees draping moss. One of the coldest nights of the year in February, but the setting was charming and the azelas were starting to bloom. Very new B&B still working out some of the kinks, but the inn keeper was absolutely the best! Fran greeted us warmly and her many years of experience running a B&B in New York State made our too short stay very nice. Breakfast was excellent. Furnishings and atmosphere were very romantic. Wished we could have stayed longer, but we were in Moultrie for business. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mandarian and the bathroom was very small, so if that is important, you may want to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim C
There are newer reviews for Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed in Barber-Tucker B & B while attending my husband's 40th high school reunion. Moultrie is a sweet little town where I always enjoy shopping downtown and visiting with the sweet people who live there. Fran Ambroselli is an added blessing. We loved the Inn and we loved Fran. Sure it is cheaper to stay at Hampton Inn, but staying at this bed and breakfast is truly a wonderful experience. Fran takes care of you and keeps you grinning with her cute sense of humor and wonderful stories. Our room was lovely and breakfast delicious. Couldn't ask for anything more! I plan to take my Garden Circle back in the spring for dinner and gathering. So many perfect spots at this inn to do what we do best......relax, visit and have fun being together!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pahdz
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay where you will feel , comfy, relaxed, wanted, and worry-free...you have found the right place! My husband and I stayed at The Villa Serendip twice. This was a bed and breakfast that Fran (the innkeeper), also owned. From the minute we walked in her door, Fran made us feel like a part of her family! The place was full of heart and soul. She always had a funny story, home-cooked meals, exciting activities, and the best smile waiting for all of her guests! You can't say that for most places today. We live a little further from this place but wouldn't hesitate to stay here anytime we are down south. Some of our best memories of trips taken are the ones with Fran's bed and breakfast! We spent two of our wedding anniversaries there. We were married on New Year's Eve and Fran planned a murder mystery weekend that was sooo much fun! She was always ready to invite you into her kitchen and cook you up your favorite treat. There was always a bottle of wine waiting too! :) Without reservation I would recommend this beautiful inn to anyone. I am just sorry that we don't live closer so that we could stay more often.
Lisa Rescigno

Room Tip: all gorgeous for sure
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2008

My husband and I were in town for business and our hosts put us up at the Barber Tucker property, a fine old southern home with a quiet timelessness that went just right with our plans. We brought our twenty one year old son along to show him the town we were thinking of moving to.

The gracious husband and wife hosts assured us that we were the only guests except one businessman who would be checking in late and leaving early.

After a full day of meeting and greeting we headed back to the beautifully appointed rooms for a good night's rest on the sumptious beds. Our son's room was at the front of the home on the opposite side of the hall while we were in the rear. It didn't take long to fall asleep in this big old four poster.

At 2:30 in the morning there was a violent shaking on our door knob! Not the sort of jiggle when someone makes a mistake on which room there in but a powerful clanging as though to rip the knob off. I sat bolt upright in bed and called out but no answer. Then I leapt out of bed to open the door fearing our son was ill and unable to answer... no one there.

The other guest had been assigned across from us but the room was on the other side of a wide stairway. Finally, I went back to bed and tried to wake my husband, a very deep sleeper. No luck.

Just as I lay back down to sleep, it happened again! This time I flew out of bed and opened the door. No one. I ran down the hall to check on my son who was also awake. He hadn't heard anything but complained that he hadn't slept a wink the whole night. Weird! This boy has slept through brass band parades!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again at this fine old B&B but I sure would like to know who rattles the door knobs!!

• Stayed: May 2003, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank msfitzga
Reviewed August 1, 2007

We booked this beautiful B&B as a spur of the moment thing. So glad we did. We were traveling through GA, and wanted a place to rest our heads between days, I looked it up on the internet and found " Heaven on Earth". My husband and I have been to many B & B's, we were even married in one...this beats that one, and we are not sure we can find another one as wonderful as this one. You feel so relaxed as soon as you enter this beautiful place. The pool is wonderful, not something you find at B&B's very often. We rekindled our romance at this place...we will return often... we recommend this to everyone wants to hold on to their love....thanks for your hospitality Tom and Suzanne, you guys are great... Bridget & John

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank birdie987
Reviewed July 24, 2005

The House was great! The pool area was perfect, flowers were blooming everywhere. The breakfast was almost too good to eat, I should have taken a picture. Beautiful presentation and delicious.

2  Thank mullinaxf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultrie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie
#1 of 5 in Moultrie
Super 8 Adel
Super 8 Adel
#3 of 4 in Adel

Been to Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!