All reviews hot tub and sauna indoor pool pleasantly surprised at how nice front desk staff was friendly excellent breakfast room was clean free breakfast place to stay stayed one night great room hs rates mattress hampton
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2019

I had not stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in sometime and was pleasantly surprised at how nice this property was. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was good.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2019

The room was clean and the staff were very pleasant. The breakfast was "typical", the indoor pool was nice. BUT $179 - which included taxes/etc. for a Holiday Inn Express seemed a bit "pricey", thus my Average rating. Moultrie, a lovely small city, is not a destination. Had the hotel been located in a city frequented by tourists I could understand the pricing structure but that is not the case. I suppose the limited choices of hotels in Moultrie explains the rates. Ohhhh, and be sure you select a room away from the very noisy ice machine.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Hi TC1Camper,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel on your recent visit to Moultrie and for posting an honest review. While I am glad that your found our room to be clean and our staff to be pleasant, I was also quite concerned that your were not impressed with our rates and your room allocation. I understand that these issues may have caused some disappointment on your part and I am sorry. Simple and smart travel is what we want to provide for all of our guests and I will make sure to let our team know about your comments for necessary improvements on our end.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 28, 2019

The room was fine -- clean, comfy bed, fast wifi, excellent breakfast (Mildred was hustling and keep on top of everything), and no complaints! Room 405 was quiet and had a nice view outside (see photo)!

Room tip: I asked for a quiet room, and got room 405 & it was very quiet!
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

This hotel has the poorest reservation system to know who is in what room and how many rooms they are available for use.

We arrived with confirmed studio room reservations on Friday evening . We were given a room key and headed to the room. We opened the hotel room door to find another person already occupying the room . We headed back to the front desk and were told there can not be anybody in that room (their records had nothing on this person). We were told there was no other db queen suite available and only could be provided one king room. We had 4 adults with is (two couples). We requested two rooms for the screw up. They insisted we would have to pay for an additional second room to meet our needs. Called IHG cooperate and they could not believe how we were treated. We ended up leaving the that property and travel to another IHG property on IHG recommendations .
I get a call from property owner to tell me if I would have called her cell phone that she would have worked something out for us to stay ! I do not think it is my responsibility to gave to call any hotel property owner to get better treatment from any hotel! They need to train their front desk personnel better to call and not the customer. In addition, get a call from propyownwr next day asking me if we planned on staying another nigjt ! Are you kidding me, we had this mistreatments and left the hotel property without a hotel room and you have no clue to this happening to call me to ask that question!

Stay clear of this hotel unless you want to arrive with either being over booked or someone in your room.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

Hi Sting89,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry to we were not able to assist you with your reservation efficiently. I do understand your frustration and I imagine how upsetting this is.

Your comments have been taken on board and I would like to refer this to the Upper Management of the hotel for review. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Again, I regret the hotel experience but you for making us aware. This allows us to attain an understanding of any shortcomings we may encounter. I look forward to your response.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 11, 2019

My son's HS baseball team stayed here while they were playing in the state playoffs. We did not have much time to make hotel arrangements, but even with the short notice, we were able to work together to get rooms for the players, coaches, managers and family members who made the trip. Rooms were clean, breakfast was hot and readily available. I'm told the pool and fitness areas were good as well. The manager there was always willing and able to make what needed to get done happen.She is an asset to Holiday Inn Express. In fact, I'm not even sure that she left the property during our stay as she was there when we checked in, late that first night, super early the next morning and still as we were checking out. She and her staff made got it done with a smile and we appreciate their hospitality and working us in on short notice.

Date of stay: April 2019