“Good stop-over stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Moultrie
Athens, Georgia
“Good stop-over stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was a good stop-over stay on my trip between Rome, Ga and Tallahassee, FL. Nice accommodations. The front desk clerk, Jessica, was very friendly. The only negative thing about this hotel is that this hotel does have the most ridiculous channel line-up I have experienced. The management should really explore a change in this area. The channel line-up in the guest book does not match the TV channels. Common channel categories (news, sports, local) were not grouped together. It was very frustrating.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake-view room. Other side has a view of a warehouse.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LutherMc
Lynn W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments on our hotel and Jessica; I apologize for the incorrect channel guide you had in your room. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Moultrie!

Lynn Warren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Louisville
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a very nice HI express with a real friendly staff. The room was very clean and comfortable with a fast internet connection! My ONLY complaint was the plastic bed cover under the sheets! It was not very comfortable and was a little hot. LOSE THE MATTRESS COVERS, PLEASE!! If you do that you will have a much nicer place! Easily an "excellent" from me if they didn't have those.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank friedbologna
Lynn W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments as well as your concern! We always want to strive to provide an outstanding stay for all our guests! Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is clean, convenient and has a helpful, nice staff. There is a nice view on the front side of the hotel of the pond at the vocational school. The back side has a view of an alley, warehouse and tractor equipment.

The executive room is especially nice. It has a great bed, sitting area, mini kitchen w/sink, mini frig and microwave but I don't understand why the room has two nice flat screen TVs (sitting 5 feet apart) but only one remote control. (ok - this was funny to turn one TV off only to have the other TV turn on)

Of course, we didn't expect a wonderful view and didn't spend time in the room except to sleep and shower. We'll stay there again - - maybe next time we'll get a room with a view of the pond.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GATourist1
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you when you come back to Moultrie.

Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Upon checking out we checked our card once we left the hotel and we were charged $250 for having a dog. The hotel manager Ashley claimed she has kids and the poop found in the trash can was clearly an animal poop. And an added bonus she said because we through the decorative blanket in the corner it was for a dog as well.

My son pooped on the floor while waiting for me to get his bath toys in the tub. I picked the poop up and through it in the trash can. Now anyone who has children knows this will happen more than once I am sure. And as far as the decorative blanket. It's just that, decorative, not useful. So yes we throw it off the bed and into a corner unless the hotel would prefer my child to poop on that since they are literally calling my 1 year old a dog.

We have been fighting with the hotel for 4 days now about this situation, we even called corp office and they were no help. Even though there was no dog hair, and no video showed a dog.

I travel at least 2 days a week for work and always stay in holiday inns. From here on out I will never stay in a holiday inn, and I plan on making it my mission for them to lose a lot of customers as well. It wasn't the point of the charge. It was the point that even asking corporate for a free night in a hotel (not the one I'm complaining about) they acted like I was nothing but scum to their company and it wasn't a huge deal that I have spent days on the phone during our first family vacation, and that their manager pretty much said my kid is a dog and/or poops like one.

This company ruined our whole vacation, and neither my company or my husbands company will be using them again and that's well over 10,000 visits a year. Nothing to them I am sure. But word of mouth is everything. And I'm sure manager Ashley or Lynn would be happy to inspect ur poops while visiting here just to be sure u are not a dog.

Good luck dealing with this management staff, and don't forget ur poop bags!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelli W
Lynn W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I sincerely regret the issue you had during your stay with us. I also regret that the restrictions of refunding to a debit card prohibited us from resolving this to your satisfaction. Thank you as always for your feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good southern hospitality with clean rooms. There is no on site restaurant but just a short drive down the street you will have your choice of different sit down and fast food restaurants. Nice home away from home for someone that lives out of a suite case like myself.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank armydad923
Lynn W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in all areas. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed April 5-7 for a relatives wedding. Room 221. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in at an HI Exp. The mattress pad was "plastic" and made noises every time we rolled over. The room was adjacent to the stair well and we could hear every time somone went up or down. Additionally, every time the guests in the room above us walked we could hear every step. The maids picked up our dirty towels but failed to leave fresh ones (not too big of a deal becuase we still had 2 more to get us through the next day). As an HI Priority club member I received a free bottle of water upon check-in (but there were 2 of us in a King Size bed - you'd think you'd get 2 bottles of water...)
The toilet wasn't fastened to the floor well and "rocked". Found 2 pieces of paper/trash left over from previous guests.
I've had better night stays at Super 8's and Microtels. If I ever have to stay in Moutlrie again I'll be at the Hampton. This hotel was not up-to-par to other HI Exps I've stayed in.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 221 or next to a stair well.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, it is always appreciated! We are so sorry for the issues that you experienced. Again, thank you for giving us an opportunity to address the issues.
We hope you will give us another opportunity when you are in Moultrie again to make things right.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This a typical Holiday Inn Express, but on the newer and fresher end of the spectrum. A colleague and I spent three nights here while in Moultrie on business. Everything was in good order. I would return. As mentioned in other reviews, the tap water is undrinkable. You won't find water brought to your table at any of the local restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 167Traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultrie
Hampton Inn Adel
Hampton Inn Adel
#1 of 4 in Adel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tifton, GA
Days Inn-Adel-South Georgia-Motorsports Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton
Hilton Garden Inn Tifton
Days Inn & Suites Tifton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie? Share your experiences!