“Expected more than OK!”

Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is in need of refurbishment & the pool needed cleaned. Our stay was over thanksgiving so I expected limited services. Breakfast was great as well as the evening snack. I would stay here again but I was expecting more from a Drury Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

Your comments concerning a renovation for our hotel and our pool will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Abu Ali
Assistant General Manager
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta South

Reviewed December 6, 2012

First of all, let me say that my experience at this hotel was not particularly pleasant. The hotel is in dire need of upgrading (the "double" sized beds were more like slightly-wider twin sized beds, not the standard slightly smaller than queen doubles that are in most hotels). The bathrooms feel dated, the pet-friendly hotel feels a bit too pet-friendly (we have allergy issues) and there were some other issues (that were properly resolved, so I won't go into details).The management is aware of their need to upgrade, and is looking forward to an upgrade next year. They are hoping with enough feedback, that corporate can get them upgraded sooner than next year!
I generally really like Drury hotels; they are my first choice when I am looking for hotels. So, having such a negative experience here was very surprising.
After a great hot breakfast -- which was plentiful and delicious, with the exception of a cool (if it functioned correctly) automatic pancake machine that never worked correctly -- I approached the checkout desk and asked to speak with the management about the issues we had. She was extremely understanding, and was gracious in her addressing of my concerns. So instead of this being a one-star review, because of the quality management and how Drury obviously cares a great deal about their customers, this review is now a 4.

I still suggest that if you are travelling with a family, that this is not the best hotel for you at this time, until they can update. My two children sharing one of the "double" beds were afraid of falling off the bed all night, let alone fitting two adults on the other bed. It was uncomfortable, to say the least. But if you are travelling solo, not sharing any beds, or opting for a one-bed king sized room, I ABSOLUTELY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

Abu Ali
Assistant General Manager
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta South

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here from a Friday to a Monday with family wile cvisiting the area. Management was very quick to address anything we asked. Our microwve and refrigerator was not working and they came and did a check on it and got it working right away. They have a great breakfast and also a evening snak. Our kids loved the indor pool and plenty of shopping is near by as well as the Atlanta Airport. TJ Max, Burlington and other stores made it great for my wife. I would stay here again.

1  Thank TexanXXL
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel three nights. The front desk staff and management offered great service. The hotel offers free food and drinks in the evening and a fabulous breakfast. During the meals, the manager walks through the dining area to greet guests, offer assistance and just provide friendly conversation. It was warm and welcoming without being intrusive. The hotel is very clean. There are a lot of little extras provided by the Drury Hotel chain and this hotel is no exception. It makes for an enjoyable stay. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I won't stay anywhere else in the Atlanta area. This hotel is great. Hot meals and service, second to none. The rooms are always clean, as is the entire hotel. Great location to the interstate, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never stayed at a Drury Inn before and was pleased with the stay. The hotel lobby was very nice. Even though we missed the evening 'happy hour' there were many people who were still lingering in the eating area so it must have been pleasant. The hotel staff was friendly and we had a quick check in.

Room was just okay looking overall...Standard size but with a refridgerator/microwave....No couch but did have a comfy chair and desk/chair. Very clean looking and smelling...furniture was very nice quality. Bedding and room decor was a little dated looking but beds were VERY comfortable...Bathroom a little small but very doable...Towels were on the smaller thinner side (I prefer the thicker oversized towels - they just make you feel like you are showering at home and not a hotel and after a long cross country trip - that's nice..). They offer shampoo/conditioner/body gel on the shower wall...I didn't use because I prefer to bring my own...but it more convenient than the little bottles..

There aren't too many places to eat nearby..you have to drive somewhere....but they offer a 'room service menu' where you place an order and "ORDER INN" delivers...this isn't part of DRURY INN - maybe just a local convenience. We didn't use this and drove to a Wendy's..(a very very busy Wendy's).

Breafast was standard and good- similar to other nicer chain hotels...There is a train that runs right behind the hotel...I heard it in the morning but not at night...it wasn't too disrupting...They also have a small secure parking area....

I still prefer Hampton Inn's overall but DRURY was not too bad. A little simpler in appearance/decor but similar in other ways.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fltam
Reviewed October 2, 2012

For people traveling with pets, this is a very accommodating place. Two pets are allowed in each room, with no weight limit. Free! (This is the first time our Cockatiel has ever been "legal" in the room along with the dog. We usually have to pay for the dog and sneak the bird in "under cover.") And, unlike other places, you may leave the pets for 30 minutes in the room by themselves.

This hotel chain is owned privately--no franchises--by one family. Hopefully that would make the quality consistent throughout the chain.

The hotel was very clean and updated--no cracks in the tile or old carpeting, etc. No odd odors. But the best part are the amenities. From 5:30 to 7:00 is a totally free happy hour. Four kind of wine, five kinds of liquor, and beer on tap. Each person is allowed three drinks.

Plus appetizers. The "main" appetizers change every day, but they are enough to make a dinner. On our day (Sunday) it was hot dogs, mac & cheese, salad, nachos & cheese, soup, baked potatoes.

And there is a real hot breakfast buffet, with eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, waffles, along with cold items.

I know this sounds like I'm concentrated on food, but this is important to us when we're traveling between Michigan and Florida. It's nice after a long day's drive to have a quick and easy dinner and breakfast without having to leave the facility. The hotel room was not that much more expensive than a Best Western yet was a better deal with free drinks, dinner, & breakfast thrown in.

Room Tip: The second floor is really the ground-level floor, so if you have a dog, you have only a few steps t...