Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$78
Country Inn
$90
ComfortSuites
$76
ExtendedStay
Best Western Southlake Inn(Morrow)(Great Value!)
$76
$59
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfree drinkshot dogshappy hournachosbaked potatohot tubdining areamixed drinksevening dinnerroom suitelight dinnerper adulthot dinnerbus tourchilligreat hot breakfastlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never stayed at a Drury Inn before and was pleased with the stay. The hotel lobby was very nice. Even though we missed the evening 'happy hour' there were many people who were still lingering in the eating area so it must have been pleasant. The hotel staff was friendly and we had a quick check in.

Room was just okay looking overall...Standard size but with a refridgerator/microwave....No couch but did have a comfy chair and desk/chair. Very clean looking and smelling...furniture was very nice quality. Bedding and room decor was a little dated looking but beds were VERY comfortable...Bathroom a little small but very doable...Towels were on the smaller thinner side (I prefer the thicker oversized towels - they just make you feel like you are showering at home and not a hotel and after a long cross country trip - that's nice..). They offer shampoo/conditioner/body gel on the shower wall...I didn't use because I prefer to bring my own...but it more convenient than the little bottles..

There aren't too many places to eat nearby..you have to drive somewhere....but they offer a 'room service menu' where you place an order and "ORDER INN" delivers...this isn't part of DRURY INN - maybe just a local convenience. We didn't use this and drove to a Wendy's..(a very very busy Wendy's).

Breafast was standard and good- similar to other nicer chain hotels...There is a train that runs right behind the hotel...I heard it in the morning but not at night...it wasn't too disrupting...They also have a small secure parking area....

I still prefer Hampton Inn's overall but DRURY was not too bad. A little simpler in appearance/decor but similar in other ways.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fltam
Reviewed October 2, 2012

For people traveling with pets, this is a very accommodating place. Two pets are allowed in each room, with no weight limit. Free! (This is the first time our Cockatiel has ever been "legal" in the room along with the dog. We usually have to pay for the dog and sneak the bird in "under cover.") And, unlike other places, you may leave the pets for 30 minutes in the room by themselves.

This hotel chain is owned privately--no franchises--by one family. Hopefully that would make the quality consistent throughout the chain.

The hotel was very clean and updated--no cracks in the tile or old carpeting, etc. No odd odors. But the best part are the amenities. From 5:30 to 7:00 is a totally free happy hour. Four kind of wine, five kinds of liquor, and beer on tap. Each person is allowed three drinks.

Plus appetizers. The "main" appetizers change every day, but they are enough to make a dinner. On our day (Sunday) it was hot dogs, mac & cheese, salad, nachos & cheese, soup, baked potatoes.

And there is a real hot breakfast buffet, with eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, waffles, along with cold items.

I know this sounds like I'm concentrated on food, but this is important to us when we're traveling between Michigan and Florida. It's nice after a long day's drive to have a quick and easy dinner and breakfast without having to leave the facility. The hotel room was not that much more expensive than a Best Western yet was a better deal with free drinks, dinner, & breakfast thrown in.

Room Tip: The second floor is really the ground-level floor, so if you have a dog, you have only a few steps to get him out the door. Also, there is an elevator in case you have to truck pets plus luggage further than the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Everything about our stay at Drury Inn was a pleasant suprise. We arrived at 5:15 pm and checked in by Angela. She set the tone for what was to be one of the most enjoyable hotel stays we've had in years. We had no idea that Drury Inn has a simple buffet meal from 5:30 to about 7 in the evening. Since we were exhausted from driving, we didn't even have to think about finding a place to grab a bite to eat. I had gotten on this website in search of a place to stay a few nights before our vacation. When I read the reviews of this hotel, I noticed one that was negative dealing with the pool. I was impressed that the hotel manager had replied and addressed the issue. While we were eating, a man was walking around and greeting the guests . I recognized the name on his tag as the hotel manager. He was so complimentary about the wonderful staff he had. His positive attitude is felt throughout the entire hotel.
Our room was more spacious and better equipped than the Mariott that we had stayed at the night before. Also the price was less.
We had a great hot breakfast the next morning which was also included. Staff members that recognized us as guests smiled and greeted us like old friends.
We've already planned to book our stay here next year. It's only a few miles South of Atlanta without the Atlanta traffic.
K. Rainey

Room Tip: We asked for one that didn't face the expressway. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen R
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great experience. Free dinner and breakfast with even a free glass of wine or beer. Courtesy and helpful staff. Petfriendly. Clean and big rooms to stay in. We stopped in on way down from Ontario and on way back home we stayed there again as we had such a nice time. Highly recommend all the Drury Inns as good quality for the money - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had to take my daughter to college and we had to find a motel so we stopped my drury...It was very clean....Great hot breakfast and dinner and it was FREE...And happy hour was great..I came back to statesboro and told all my friends and family if you want to stay at a GREAT motel please stay at Drury Inn & Suites atlanta South...It was a wonderful stay...Thats my home away from home! oh one thing but its okay the beds need to be just a little bit bigger!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family