“I will NEVER reserve another room at Extended Stay Anywhere”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
“I will NEVER reserve another room at Extended Stay Anywhere”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Part 2
I stayed here for 30 nights. The
Check-in was the worse experience of any hotel anywhere. I arrived on time. My room had not been cleaned. I got nothing but bad attitude from Cherice the manager and a guest a the hotel who made an off the wall arrogant remark about me in front of the manager who thought, by the smirk on her face, which I observe dot be quite amusing. I finally got to my room. I didn't leave my room for the first 30 days except to collect my mail.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DZXY
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant check-in experience. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mthigpen@extendedstay.com, to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently completed a survey on my stay here...this is what I had to say:

1. Check-in was at 3 pm, however, when we arrived after 4, we were told to wait 2 minutes, because our room was not yet clean... we actually had to wait 15 minutes in the lobby before being allowed to go upstairs to our room.

2. For the 1st 2 nights, our sleep was uncomfortable, because we were given queen size blankets for a king size bed, which repeatedly fell to the floor at night, causing us to be cold, and un rested for those days.

3. The rest of our stay was uneventful until we went to checkout....

a. The computers were down, so we didnt actually check out of the hotel.
b. 10 minutes after leaving the hotel, I realized that I did not have my computer monitor with me, so we returned to the hotel.
c. My computer monitor was stolen within 20 mins of leaving the hotel room.
d. Even had to get the police involved.
e. The way the staff handled this situation was downright appalling. No apology, no compensation, and I had to constantly call guest services to get an insurance claim working.

There was no offer of compensation for our troubles or anything. And we know without a shadow of a doubt which one of the housekeeping staff stole the monitor.

The room was secure when we left, and only someone with access could have taken the monitor, because they also took the power cord from the back of the television in order to use it for the monitor (the use the same power cord).

So not only do you have someone on staff that steals from guests, but also from your establishment.

I gave every opportunity for Extended Stay to make this right, but apparently your company is more about the "fast food mantra", ( get them in and out), rather than about customer service.

It was my mistake for believing that your line of hotels was about the guests experience.

Respectfully,

Bryan Clark

I'm very disappointed in the fact that my business is not appreciated at Extended Stay. I posted on my social media sites about this incident on Sunday after I returned home. Many were asking me to name the location, staff members, etc, but I said that I would give Extended Stay time to make this right... That time has elapsed. I appreciate the "gesture" of the insurance claim formality, but If anyone would ask me if I felt secure leaving my belongings in an Extended Stay hotel, my answer is a firm NO! I mean really... my monitor "grows legs" and walks away a mere 20 minutes after I leave the establishment? Yeah right!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bryan - We have read your review, and are truly sorry for your experience at our hotel. Please know, our hotel and company as a whole does not condone illegal behavior of any kind. In fact, we have taken your situation very seriously, including filing an incident report and reimbursing you for the monitor. Still, we are disheartened there was an issue of any kind while you stayed at our hotel.

If you would like to speak further, please contact our hotel directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Morrow hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2013

it was great................. love the non smoking rooms, great smell and very clean... everything worked and all the dining places are literally across the street... cant wait to go next year. the morning breakfast was awesome and the diner was great knowing that it was across the street and around the area. cant complain about anything... the only thing is if you want to leave early you will have to wait until 8 or 9a.m. but after that, its well worth the stay.

Room Tip: the rooms in the west side and in the second floor are real quiet and quicker to get in and out of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ced845
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the rooms and the grab-and-go breakfast. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Due to a job transfer I am in the process of finding a home. From start to closing it will be a month and decided to book two rooms for my initial trip. One for my parents and one for my family( wife + kids). Although the rooms are in need of updating the overall condition of the rooms were okay and we're not dirty. While I went to work, my wife and parents went house hunting and were able to find a home in Stockbridge. The closing is 30 days away. Needing a place for the next month I decided to rebook a room. While driving back home, i realIzed I had forgotten my pillows and decided to call and ask if they could hold them till I came back in a day. The lady said that they were thrown out! knowing I would return and knowing I requested the same room. Upon my arrival a day later and after requesting the same room I was in for a week I was told the only room available was a smoking room and that if I wanted to change room that the only time I could do so is at 11:00 , while I am at work. Nice to see they lnow the definition of "Reserve" The room stunk and even after 4 bottles of Febreeze the stench is still there. The have just lost my business for the next month and I will be tellIng my firms HR department not to place anyone there ever.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay with us . As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at MRW@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked my stay at this hotel over 2 months ago. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that I would be getting a smoking room. I told the woman at the front desk I cannot stay in a smoking room I have asthma and I won't be able to breathe. She said well that's what you get with Priceline maybe you should book things earlier. I informed her I booked it over 2 months ago not by name your own price but specifically by name of this hotel on Priceline. She told me there's nothing she can do for me. I said you won't even accommodate someone with a medical condition? She then suggests I submit my medical bills to Priceline. She was so rude that I went out to my car, called Priceline who also found her to be extremely rude on the phone- refusing once again to give me a nonsmoking room. They ended up giving me my $ back and I never looked back, everything in the lobby looked dirty and old. It had a bad smell. Don't waste your money at this dump.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your room preference at check-in and that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please know, we would never want to place you or any other guest in an uncomfortable situation; however, at the time you arrived, we did not have a non-smoking room available. Unfortunately, this can happen from time to time, but we try our best to ensure it does not.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies. We really appreciate your remarks. As we use them to help us improve our offerings, we hope you will give us a second chance so we can show you our redoubled efforts.
Cordova, Tn.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The motel was in need of updates - commode was constantly stopping up - the covers for the bed were a little short . The room I had faced I-75 and the truck noise was horrible. The nicest thing about the motel was, it was close to several named eating restaurants and several within a five to ten minute drive. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you choose this motel - get a room that doesn't fgace I-75.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

South Bend, Indiana, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our room was dirty, the staff was rude. When i told the staff that i wanted to checkout early and go to another hotel they told me that i was going to have to pay full rate for the 3 nights i have already stayed. I was going to lose half of the money i paid for 9 nights.

Room Tip: This location did not have a swimming pool nor a fitness center
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#6 of 12 in Morrow
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow? Share your experiences!