“Horrible don't waste your money!”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked my stay at this hotel over 2 months ago. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that I would be getting a smoking room. I told the woman at the front desk I cannot stay in a smoking room I have asthma and I won't be able to breathe. She said well that's what you get with Priceline maybe you should book things earlier. I informed her I booked it over 2 months ago not by name your own price but specifically by name of this hotel on Priceline. She told me there's nothing she can do for me. I said you won't even accommodate someone with a medical condition? She then suggests I submit my medical bills to Priceline. She was so rude that I went out to my car, called Priceline who also found her to be extremely rude on the phone- refusing once again to give me a nonsmoking room. They ended up giving me my $ back and I never looked back, everything in the lobby looked dirty and old. It had a bad smell. Don't waste your money at this dump.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your room preference at check-in and that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please know, we would never want to place you or any other guest in an uncomfortable situation; however, at the time you arrived, we did not have a non-smoking room available. Unfortunately, this can happen from time to time, but we try our best to ensure it does not.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies. We really appreciate your remarks. As we use them to help us improve our offerings, we hope you will give us a second chance so we can show you our redoubled efforts.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The motel was in need of updates - commode was constantly stopping up - the covers for the bed were a little short . The room I had faced I-75 and the truck noise was horrible. The nicest thing about the motel was, it was close to several named eating restaurants and several within a five to ten minute drive. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you choose this motel - get a room that doesn't fgace I-75.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our room was dirty, the staff was rude. When i told the staff that i wanted to checkout early and go to another hotel they told me that i was going to have to pay full rate for the 3 nights i have already stayed. I was going to lose half of the money i paid for 9 nights.

Room Tip: This location did not have a swimming pool nor a fitness center
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was in town on business, for 5 days, needed to extend my stay for 2 extra nights. My office was late in calling to book the room even though I had already called them. The manager was rude and would not allow me in my room. When I was checking out she did not who I was and was telling a co-worker that the person in my room was trying to get in the room without paying. If I would have known how rude they were I would have checked in a different hotel. Not very good service at all. Her name is Tracie, and she is very rude!!?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Douglas B
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our room had full garbage when we went in to it. I took it to the desk and nobody was there. There was a man in the lobby area, and he said the employee was in the lounge. I went to look for her and she came out and saw that I had a full garbage can. She apologized, and emptied it. I asked her if she was sure the room had been cleaned. She said it was and apologized again for the trash. There were crumbs on the floor of the kitchenette. I would never prepare food there, it was too creepy. When I got in the bed and looked at the edge of the bedside table, there was a glob of something on it. I was so tired I couldn't even think about complaining so I just turned over and ignored it. I did take a photo though. The description in the room said that they had some sort of breakfast or rolls or something but they didn't.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice, quiet accomodations with enough space to spread out. I stayed there for 3 weeks and my room was well-cleaned every week and when I needed something in the interim like towels or a new coffeemaker when mine died, they brought it as soon as I asked for it. The kitchenette was nice to have, too; when I got tired of eating out I could cook some simple things because they provide dishes and a couple of pots, too.

Two small nitpicks:

1. I'm not sure the blankets and comforters get washed every time along with the linen because I found some long blonde hairs on the blanket, under the comforter. My hair is neither long nor blonde, so kind of "eww!"

2. If you travel with a lot of electronic gear, or there are two people sharing a room, bring a power strip because outlets will be at a premium. I used every available outlet, even the ones in the bathroom, and could have used 2 more. By the time I had my phone, laptop, iPod, Bluetooth, and camera peripherals charging there were no outlets left. The hotel may want to consider this next time they renovate the property.

All in all, a good place to stay. Would stay there again if I needed an extended-stay hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would first start out with saying that the hotel overall was clean. I did not like the fact that the hotel lobby closed at 11pm. If you had a problem or if your key was deactivated you would be locked out until 7 or 8 am; this poses a huge problem for business. The comforter had cigarette burns in them yet the room itself was adequate for the purpose of my stay. The only problem that I truly had with this place was the general manager Traci [--]. She was very rude and non-professional, from the moment of my arrival till a few days of my departure. She truly did not exhibit what the word customer service means. I can not believe that this hotel would have someone as an overseer that yells and very confrontational to the guest. If you have a question or a concern about something at the hotel that is displeasing to you... No need to take it to the manager because you will find yourself in a war. There were three other front desk clerks that were very helpful and sweet, but as for the management of the hotel she can learn a thing or two from them! A few days before I checked out I did receive an e-mail from the general manager apologizing for her antics and attitude. However, I believe this was only because I reported her to her boss and went further with the situation. As a travel nurse I would like to check into a place where I can get good customer service, rest, and be in a good central location. I do not choose to argue and feel afraid to call the front desk for assistance when I am paying you my hard earned money!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
#5 of 12 in Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow? Share your experiences!