Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our room had full garbage when we went in to it. I took it to the desk and nobody was there. There was a man in the lobby area, and he said the employee was in the lounge. I went to look for her and she came out and saw that I had a full garbage can. She apologized, and emptied it. I asked her if she was sure the room had been cleaned. She said it was and apologized again for the trash. There were crumbs on the floor of the kitchenette. I would never prepare food there, it was too creepy. When I got in the bed and looked at the edge of the bedside table, there was a glob of something on it. I was so tired I couldn't even think about complaining so I just turned over and ignored it. I did take a photo though. The description in the room said that they had some sort of breakfast or rolls or something but they didn't.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice, quiet accomodations with enough space to spread out. I stayed there for 3 weeks and my room was well-cleaned every week and when I needed something in the interim like towels or a new coffeemaker when mine died, they brought it as soon as I asked for it. The kitchenette was nice to have, too; when I got tired of eating out I could cook some simple things because they provide dishes and a couple of pots, too.

Two small nitpicks:

1. I'm not sure the blankets and comforters get washed every time along with the linen because I found some long blonde hairs on the blanket, under the comforter. My hair is neither long nor blonde, so kind of "eww!"

2. If you travel with a lot of electronic gear, or there are two people sharing a room, bring a power strip because outlets will be at a premium. I used every available outlet, even the ones in the bathroom, and could have used 2 more. By the time I had my phone, laptop, iPod, Bluetooth, and camera peripherals charging there were no outlets left. The hotel may want to consider this next time they renovate the property.

All in all, a good place to stay. Would stay there again if I needed an extended-stay hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would first start out with saying that the hotel overall was clean. I did not like the fact that the hotel lobby closed at 11pm. If you had a problem or if your key was deactivated you would be locked out until 7 or 8 am; this poses a huge problem for business. The comforter had cigarette burns in them yet the room itself was adequate for the purpose of my stay. The only problem that I truly had with this place was the general manager Traci [--]. She was very rude and non-professional, from the moment of my arrival till a few days of my departure. She truly did not exhibit what the word customer service means. I can not believe that this hotel would have someone as an overseer that yells and very confrontational to the guest. If you have a question or a concern about something at the hotel that is displeasing to you... No need to take it to the manager because you will find yourself in a war. There were three other front desk clerks that were very helpful and sweet, but as for the management of the hotel she can learn a thing or two from them! A few days before I checked out I did receive an e-mail from the general manager apologizing for her antics and attitude. However, I believe this was only because I reported her to her boss and went further with the situation. As a travel nurse I would like to check into a place where I can get good customer service, rest, and be in a good central location. I do not choose to argue and feel afraid to call the front desk for assistance when I am paying you my hard earned money!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very comfortable place to stay with new mattresses. I give that one an A+. Nice staff, great location, only thing is the first floor is supposed to be for non smoking , I complained because I smelled smoke and they immediately moved me to the other side of the building and took something off my bill. Well manained facility. I would sty again. Stayed for 2 weeks. Internet service works quite well also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were polite, friendly and always smiling and helpful, the hotel and room was clean, the mattress was heavenly, I enjoyed having a full size fridge/freezer and a stove, watching tv and channel surfing was a breeze beachside there were no x-rated channels, I was able to use my laptop because there's free wifi, it was quite, and the hotel is located in walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel was easy to find, but there are a dozen streets containing the name "Mt. Zion" in the same nieghborhood (street, parkway, boulevard, etc)! so be careful of where you turn. I thought the hotel was relatively clean and quiet for an overnight stay from Indiana to Florida. GREAT PRICE, no bedbugs, ok but definitely not great beds, friendly staff. No breakfast in the morning, but it is right across the street from a Longhorn Steakhouse, Chili's and a decent sports bar, McDonalds, etc.

We had to take a non smoking room, which was fine because the price was so low, but there was the smell of cigarette smoke in the third floor hall even though many smokers chose to go outside to smoke. That did not bother us, but it may bother people really sensitive to smoke.

My wife's biggest complaint was there was a glob of toothpaste in the sink from a previous guest that the maid did not clean up before we got into the room. I cleaned it out with a tissue paper, but my wife was completely disgusted. She said she would not stay there again because of the toothpaste, but I would. So if I plan to stick around with her for the our second 25 years, I suppose I won't be staying there again either again unless I happen to be traveling to Florida again alone.

Room Tip: Cleanliness would have been better rated if it were not for the toothpaste left in the sink!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

We'd had really good prior experience with this location, so we were surprised to have a bad stay. It was definitely a bad stay, though.

Things started off wrong at check-in. We received a key for a room on the second floor and dutifully trooped up there, only to open the door and find another occupant already inside! Back to the front desk, where we were basically told "oops" and given another key for a room on the ground floor.

The ground floor room was not good. The carpet was dingy and filthy, and it bagged and folded on the floor. The coverlets were stained, as were the pillows and couch cushions. The baseboards in the kitchen area, along with the bathroom door opposite them, were covered with a splatter of sticky brown goo. The bathtub looked as if it hadn't been cleaned after the previous occupant, and the toilet lid had a big chunk out of it where you could see the gray line of filth underneath. I don't even know how you could get a big chunk out of a toilet lid like that, but it was gone.

There were only about 10 channels on the TV, one of which just said "Congratulations! You have satellite!" against a blue background 24 hours a day.

The initial room mix-up was not the only problem we had with security. When we used the side door, supposedly unlocked only with a room key, we opened it easily every time (even late at night) just by pulling on the handle.

Overall, it was a pretty miserable few days. We won't be staying at this location again.

Room Tip: ask to see the room if you can, and make sure that everything locks securely. Also, bring some ex...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kitsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Comfort Suites Morrow
#5 of 12 in Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow? Share your experiences!