“What do you exspect 4 65$ a night????” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Southlake

Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“What do you exspect 4 65$ a night????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have stayed here on three different occasions. The first time i stayed i was extremly impressed with the comfy bed and clean restroom. I saw no type of bugs my sheets smelled and felt freshly washed, the staff is very polite. I mean its not a 5 star hotel but i would stay again. I mean you cant exspect room and limo services for 65$ a night

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

Didn't smell cat pee as others have posted.
Very dated furnishing
WiFi, breakfast, newer digital quiet climate control.
Good bed. Stay 8 hr.
Not a weekend vacation place.
Get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2010
Guess
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

The room was not vacumed for a week. The bath tub had mold on the floor. The table in the room was so worn the finish was sticky. At 12:30 am I saw a shadow on my pillow. When I put on the light, it was a bed bug. Ewwww. The second room was in worse shape with the toilet paper holder hanging off the wall. This whole place should be condemed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Morrow hotels

Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Florida. The pictures on the web page are nothing like the hotel. The rooms are rundown, carpets stained and the locks were broken off the door frames. There are also questionable people roaming the walkways. We were highly disappointed as we always stay at one of the Choice hotels. We should have stayed in Morrow. The breakfast was stale and disgusting. The pool was the best thing about the whole hotel. Forget about the ice machines working too. We will never stay here again. We had 2 rooms and they were equally bad.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

My wife and I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and we gravitate toward Choice Hotel properties. We first discovered the Quality Inn and Suites Southlake on a combination trip in 2008.
Okay, it's not a downtown Hilton, people; it's a Quality Inn at the junction of a major highway and a busy interstate. Get over yourselves! I've stayed at much, much, much worse places, including a real roach motel in Lafayette, Indiana, a joint in St. Louis where I had to compete with the hookers and the truckers for a first floor room, and a forgettable chain place somewhere that even my dog objected to. I've also stayed at Wyndhams, Hiltons and Marriotts in Atlanta, Austin and Charlotte, so I know good and I know bad. The Quality Inn Southlake is not a bad place for the money and the location.
On our first visit, we were upgraded to a suite as a result of a miscommunication. The front desk staff were amazingly accomodating and the rooms in our suite -- a true suite, by the way, not two sleeping areas partitioned by an arch or a divider -- were clean and comfortable.
On our most recent visit, we opted for a non-smoking king room which we found to be equally clean and comfortable.
The place has been around for awhile, folks, and it shows traces of its age. But the management has done a good job of keeping ahead of the ravages of time and you can see ample evidence of ongoing improvements.
The lobby and breakfast area are clean and welcoming. The continental breakfast offered is pretty much what you'd expect; waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk, fruit, etc. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about, either.
The high-speed Internet connection in our room worked just fine.
The heated indoor pool has been a little overpopulated with screaming children on both of our recent visits, but that's the nature of family-friendly facilities.
The hotel is pet friendly. We travel with a small dog, but we have six cats at home, so I know from cat pee and I've never smelled it in a room at this hotel. But I'm one of those weirdos who is conscientious and would never, ever, ever, let my four-legged travel buddy mess up somebody else's property. We have adequate confinement provisions and clean-up supplies to make sure that accidents don't happen.
The only incident we've ever had at this facility involved a new housekeeper who apparently startled a bark out of our confined Chihuhua-mix when she came to service the room and so did not subsequently service it, even though we had informed the front desk that our little guy was in a crate when we were out of the room. No biggie. I went to the desk and got some clean towels. When the owner found out about the misunderstanding, he came to our room to profusely apologize in person. He even knocked the standard pet fee off our bill. That level of service doesn't happen every day.
The Quality Inn and Suites Southlake is convenient to I-75 on Atlanta's south side. It's a short hop from downtown and from Turner Field and an even shorter hop from the Georgia Farmers Market and other area points of interest. The facility is adjacent to a large mall and is surrounded by chain eateries like Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel as well as a host of local places. There's a McDonald's right next door.
With a AAA discount, we got an extremely good room rate.
Overall, I'm quite happy with the Quality Inn and Suites Southlake. I've stayed there before and I'll definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
DE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

When searching through this website and others, we saw pictures of this hotel that seemed to be decent, so we booked a room. However, when we approached the hotel it looked nothing like the pictures. It was way more rundown and it looked like some of the floors were about to collapse. It was extremely dirty looking. We drove around the building and then left. We just took a loss on the room. We found another hotel close by and which was much better.
We saw several of the bad reviews on this website (including the ones about the cat pee) and still thought it looked ok enough to book based on other reviews and the pictures. This hotel needs a lot of improvements for us to even consider staying here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Looked dirty.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Stillwater, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2008

Clean, quiet, safe, nice lobby area, older but in very good condition and would stay there again

• Liked — overall good value as we drove from Minnesota to Florida
  • Disliked — all ok
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Knights Inn Morrow
Knights Inn Morrow
#9 of 12 in Morrow
Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Southlake? Share your experiences!