“Unexpectedly good!!!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Unexpectedly good!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Was hesitant to stay here after reading previous reviews, but the hotel/motel must have been refurbished...marble floors in the bath area, new bathroom fixtures, granite countertops, comfy bed and sheets, new carpeting and drapes, fresh paint everywhere and a good breakfast attended by a friendly lady. On our way to the AmericasMart in Atlanta...great place to stop south of Atlanta with only a 15 minute commute to the AmericasMart. Plus easy, quick internet access and electric outlets EVERYWHERE to recharge all of our electronics.
Only drawbacks: ice machines were out of order, and elevator hasn't been inspected in a couple of years...oops.

Room Tip: This hotel/mote is near the freeway exit (bonus for travel) but could perhaps be noisy ?? We were a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jo L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay in Choice Hotels 4 nights a week, 50 weeks a year. I think most all of them are clean and safe. But this hotel has a very friendly staff. The nice lady who checked me in was very helpful in helping me find a room that would meet my business needs. I think when a employee is hard working, and friendly they should be commended.
This hotel had a very nice breakfast and it all was prepared and presented appropriately.

Room Tip: I was not sure if they had a fitness center but I rated it anyway!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank glass54258
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had originally reserved our rooms for two nights but we checked out the first morning and found another hotel. If you choose this hotel based on the description and photos online don't be fooled. This hotel is old and is not well maintained. The elevator is old and we had trouble with the doors closing and then opening again. The "free wifi" was non existent and we were told by the front desk they had been having trouble with the signal reaching the 3rd floor, which is where we were. The pool is less than half the size of what the picture shows. Our rooms were facing the interstate so all we heard was trucks and cars passing by. We were kept up all night by loud parties and calls to the front desk did no good. The "guest laundry" was 2 rusting washers and 2 out of order dryers. The breakfast offered was not much better. When we checked out I was told the hotel had already charged my credit card for the second night and now I have to wait 7-10 days for them to refund the money. The staff was unapologetic. Do yourself a favor and pass this property by...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Maureen M

Travelers are raving about these Morrow hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I booked our room through Expedia, online. I was looking for a cheap hotel to stay at on our way to Ft. Myers. It's what I expected for the price. It was dated decor but was clean enough. No bugs or spiders. (I always check no matter what the price of the hotel is) The only thing that all the reviews didn't say was about the train that goes by 4 times during the night and blows it's horn at every intersection! Ask for a room at the far end of the hotel !!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed in numerous hotels from down scale to upscale and I must say this was one of the upscale hotels customer service was awesome, service awesome, breakfast was good It is next to southlake mall and other shopping centers and resturaunts very convenient and nice at a low price.. I will definately be staying here again I have stayed 3 nights it was well worth it...

• Stayed March 2014
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here on a weekend getaway to the Atlanta area. It was only 30 minutes from Atlanta without having to pay the higher prices. The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the staff was very friendly. We didn't have any problems whatsoever. Morrow itself is a cute town there were a few good places to shop and only minutes away from some good restaurants. We will most definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msmelissasays
Hermitage, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This was the best breakfast of any hotel and I have stayed in numerous hotels. Although we went in right before breakfast was closing the eggs were hot and done, and everything was out. The staff was super friendly and courteous. Especially Monique and Cynthia.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Knights Inn Morrow
Knights Inn Morrow
#9 of 12 in Morrow
Travelodge Forest Park Atlanta South

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Southlake? Share your experiences!