“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My family stay here for a layover to kissimmee easy to locate this was ours frist time here are family used to stay at the comfort suites right down the street until we read about the bed bugs at that hotel. This hotel was very clean all three rooms was excellent with a friendly staff the breakfast was way above average also the mall is right across the street my family will not stay any where but hampton inn its the best

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank cora
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about our Hotel! We sincerely appreciate you and your family choosing the Hampton Inn Southlake for your overnight stay! The Southlake Mall is nearby with a great food court! Come to see us again soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed here two years in a row for business. The surrounding area is economically depressed, but the immediate area around the hotel is good and the hotel is clean with a friendly staff. It's close to I-75, but far enough away to not hear the freeway. Ample parking and the hotel is also frequented by many military and LE personnel, so that adds to the safety. If you need to come to this area, I recommend this as your best choice. Also, recommend La Oaxaquena Taqueria located nearby on Mount Zion Road if you like AUTHENTIC Mexican food. I grew up in San Diego on the border, and travel to 40+ states a year, and this place is easily in the top-5 best Mexican food I have had, plus friendly staff and it's 100% authentic from cow tongue and goat meat on down. It's worth a trip to Atlanta just to eat here in my opinion, and only 5 min drive or so from hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Code3pro
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your comments about our Hotel! Our front desk staff recommends this restaurant to travelers. We also have great Italian, Chinese, seafood and a steakhouse just minutes from the Hotel. We love to give directions to our neighborhood restaurants! The Hotel staff looks forward to your next visit! Take care.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Spent one night, up for a braves game, been here many times and just wouldn't stay any where else. Hampton Inn at its best!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BMTSatelliteBeach_Fl
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you very much for these great comments! The Hotel is just 12 miles south of the Braves stadium. We look forward to having you as our Guest whenever you are visiting the Morrow, GA area!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I travel often for business and my company has a Corporate Lodging account which arranges for direct billing and reduced corporate rates. Therefore I can't speak to the value of this hotel but it is by far the best one that is on our approved list. Generally check in is quite an ordeal when using CLC but this location handled it with ease and speed. Loved the room with the exception of the temporary loss of the hd tv channels. Very clean and comfortable! Breakfast offered many choices and was hot and fresh. The location is minutes from the airport, there is an indoor mall within a couple of miles and almost every dining choice is nearby. The pool and excersise room looked clean and nice but I didn't partake. Highly recommended hotel for any purpose of travel. Also, thanks for the afternoon cookies!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank The8racer
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to let everyone know of your great experience at the Hampton Inn Southlake! The very clean rooms, delicious breakfast, easy access to the Hotel, minutes from all types of dining, and the cookies are also favorites of our guests!

Again, thank you, and we look forward to your return to our Hotel!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Mediocre Hampton Inn
I’m a big fan of Hampton Inn; they are typically my first choice in any city however I will have to say I was a bit disappointed with this location. I try to provide reasonable reviews as often I find some of the assessments to be unfair expecting a Hilton when staying at a lower end hotel but Hampton is the middle of the market and I do expect a certain level of service. I personally never book a hotel without reading the TripAdvisor reviews and greatly appreciate everyone’s input. We arrived after a 10 hour drive and were told our room had been cancelled because our card was bad. They had tried to call me at home but of course I would not have answered because I was on the road. Now I knew there was more than enough to cover these expenses so I inquired what “bad” referenced. I was told insufficient funds. I told them it was impossible and they ran it several times, swiping and entering the number. This time it said “Invalid Number”. There was a tournament in town and I was now very concerned about finding a room anywhere and mostly scared out of my mind that someone had hacked into my card and taken my funds. I kept explaining to them that I had just used the card at another store and had no problems whatsoever. Fortunately they had a room left and agreed to let us stay until the morning which I imagined was because I am a Hhonors member and had already stayed at the Hampton Inn about 4 times in the past 6 weeks. In either event the entire experience was very embarrassing because everyone standing around is listening to your conversation. When I got upstairs I checked online and all of my funds were there but now I was more puzzled. We went and ate at Ihop thereafter and there were no problems with the card. The next morning I was suppose to arrive at my convention at 8:00 am for one of the two teachers I came to see but was unable to attend as I had to wait for the bank to open. The same front office attendant called at 8:30 to ask us for a new card or we could not continue to stay; I explained again that I had to wait until 9:00 am when the bank opened and it had to be their system because the card was working everywhere else. I spoke to my bank and they had no record of the Hampton Inn trying to access my funds in any capacity. I took my phone down to the front desk and asked them to speak to my bank however I ended up having to stand there for another 15 minutes while she answered the phone and booked new reservations. My bank ended up having to tell her how to make a manual entry and it went through fine; apparently there was something wrong with their system although they never admitted it and it ruined my trip because of all this nonsense.

As for the hotel itself, the rooms were clean and well maintained however the hallway (4th floor) was about 90 degrees which made it very difficult to keep the room cool, even running the AC at the lowest point. I would hate to stay here in July or August. The bathroom which was next to the hall remained very warm and humid. I mentioned this to housekeeping and the front desk but nothing was done during our stay. Another issue was you had to hold down the toilet handle in order for the toilet to flush. And lastly breakfast was not the quality I typically see at a Hampton Inn. The juice dispenser must have been broken as all of the juice was very warm and tasted odd. It was extremely crowded so trying to get food was definitely a challenge. The hotel itself is in what appeared to be a industrial stip mall area where everything closes early except Ihop. I will not return to this hotel during my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LBiship

We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Southlake for your stay! We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting the Morrow GA area.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Usually when booking I find that the AARP and AAA room rate discounts are identical.
Surprising to me the AARP discount was a few dollars better.
I do not know if this is something peculiar to this hotel or to all Hampton Inns.
Otherwise our one night stay was great. The hotel was in a good location close to I-75 south of Atlanta.
The breakfast buffet was better then the average Hampton Inn because of the available fresh fruit.
There are also many good restaurant choices in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Bob1600
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

We are delighted to hear of your great stay at the Hampton Inn Southlake! We were especially happy to read about our great "on the house" breakfast by Hilton! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Morrow area!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have stayed at Hampton Inn in numerous locations and have never been disappointed. The Hampton in Morrow was clean, courteous staff, efficient check in and a great breakfast selection with several healthy options. Very convenient for those attending Scott Antique Market.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jeanniehoosier
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

We certainly appreciate you writing about your stay at the Hampton Inn Southlake! I agree we have a clean hotel, courteous staff, efficient check in and great breakfast! Our many guests attending the Scott Antique Market always give us compliments!

We look forward to seeing you again at the Hotel!

Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Atlanta I-75 South, GA
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#5 of 12 in Morrow
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake? Share your experiences!