“Great staff, property is a tad on the dated side”

Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great staff, property is a tad on the dated side”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I spent one night at the Hampton Inn Southlake as a mid-point between Nashville and Hilton Head. While the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the rest of the property could use a refresh.

Check-in was quick, and the lobby was bright and inviting. Once I got off the elevator, the heat in the hallway was practically unbearable (I saw that the thermostat was set to 80...). The room was clean, but a little on the dated side. The bathroom, while functional, appeared to be quite old. But, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the rate was unbeatable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Brad A
Anne30341, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
We certainly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Southlake for your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for a business trip for work in the Morrow area. The hotel was located right off the interstate, which was helpful. One elevator was broken, but there was never a long wait to get upstairs and luckily, the stairs were operating fine. There were options to eat within walking distance, though these were limited. If you are willing to drive, there aRe more options just down then road.

Getting back up to the city takes about 20 minutes, without traffic, or $50 with the hotel's taxi service.

The staff was very helpful throughout the stay and willing to help whenever asked.

• Stayed August 2011
albquerque
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Good place to stay and the staff were outstanding and very helpful with information about the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We certainly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Southlake for your stay. We look forwad to seeing you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Our flight was getting in late so we needed somewhere reasonably close to ATL but south of the airport so we could hit the road the next morning. Check in was friendly enough and we were glad to get to our room after a long day's travelling. Hotel was pretty clean throughout and everything worked as it should. Breakfast was fine - typical Hampton Inn fare served in a pleasant area and kept well stocked up.
Hotel is easy to find not far off I-75, there is a mall nearby and plenty of eating choices.
Was ideal for our needs. Small pool area looked ok we were not there long enough to use it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon H
South Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Room was excellent, with large bathroom. Staff helpful, bar stocked at night with tea's, hot coffee, and cocoa. Will stay there again while in the area. Entire hotel was clean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Satellite Beach,Fl
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Stay here every year, past 4 for Nascar weekends, this year Labor Day Weekend, Stayed other places but now wouldn't stay any where else, staff always friendly and helpful. BT Satellite Beach,Fl

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BMTSatelliteBeach_Fl
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2008

I arrived just shy of 2pm and asked if I could check in early; with a tired smile on my face. The desk staff was extremely accommodating and double checked to make sure the room was clean before assigning it to me. I mentioned I was hitting the road after a dumping my gear, and they made sure to tell me about the available snacks and beverages I could get for free from the lobby, and wished me safe journeys.

The room & hotel was recently redone, and the great Hampton bedding is a dream. The room was very quiet and very clean. The bathroom alone showed the age of the property; the tired tile on the floor stood out as the only thing not replaced in the remodel! It was, however, spotless.

The shower had great water pressure (but what you thought was the cold position was hot, and what you'd think was hot was cold-lol) and was nice and roomy with the cantilevered shower rod.

My meeting kept me out until midnight, upon my return I thought the parking lot very well lit, and the area seemed very quiet and safe. It is just off I-75 but it is set back a bit on a service road--so on the main drag but on a quiet area of it.

The next morning I had an early flight; I was greeted warmly at the front desk by the same crew as the day before. They encouraged me to take food for the flight and were extremely pleasant to deal with. Of course, I always smile at people and tend to be very polite...and you know, I usually get the same service in return.

I will stay at this Hampton again on my return to the Atlanta area--its $40 cheaper than anything within the perimeter and just as close!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kadelia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#6 of 12 in Morrow
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake? Share your experiences!