Best Western Southlake Inn
Good 3.5/5
Motel 6(Jonesboro)
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
All reviewsroom was cleancracker barrelnice pooldefinitely stay here againwafflesvalue for the moneyup to dateeasy accessgreat place to stayenjoyable staystaff was friendlyconvenient locationan overnight staygreat priceparking lotatlanta areaafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times a year for 3 years. It has been well run all this time by new owners bringing it back. The staff is very professional and friendly. The rooms are up to date, with no problems. The site is clean, safe , and convenient, but not "pretty". The breakfast is good. It is a great value for a traveler wanting a good place to stay at a more reasonable price. P.S. I have never heard a train there; it's beside the expressway but not noisy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were on vacation and decided that the drive home from our vacation destination was just going to be too much for one day, so we decided to schedule a one night stay at another Best Western, as Best Western is our hotel of choice. We called and made the reservation with Best Western Southlake Inn in Morrow, GA. We had an overall very pleasant experience. We prefer hotels with exterior corridors so that we can back our car right up to the door and unload the car. We did not get to park right next to the door here, but we did not specify that we wanted a room with a parking space right at the door, so we don't fault them for that. The lady at the desk when we checked in, Mellonie, was wonderful and thoughtful and sweet. The man at the desk when we checked out the next morning was indifferent, apathetic and overall, in my opinion, rude. The beds are a little high and a bit on the hard side, but you can't fit a bed to each individual person when you run a hotel, so that was not really a problem that couldn't be overlooked for just one night. The room was very 'roomy' and large/open, the bathroom actually had a toilet that sat at a decent height (not a Barbie potty) and the bathroom and shower were roomy. We were just really impressed at how big the rooms were.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was extremely satisfied with my stay. My husband and I just needed a night away from everything. The staff was amazing, the hotel is super clean. Rooms are a little dated but everything worked and again, super clean!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were on our way from Nashville to Tampa and needed to stay somewhere just south of Atlanta for the night.

The room was basic - more basic than other Best Westerns I've stayed at. This is "motel" style lodging. We stayed in room 101.

And BOY, were we lucky. Bob says there were 4 trains that went through: the 12:45am, 6:45am and two others in between (he didn't look at his watch for those two). As I sit here typing, he's chanting, "chooka, chooka, chooka, chooka.....WAAAAAHHH...WAAAAHHHH". And it's even better in the morning when two trains pass at the same time. I said, "Too bad I don't know anything about trains. I bet there are people that could identify what types of trains are going by just by the whistles. I don't know how close the tracks are to the buildings - I didn't go out to investigate, but we could feel the vibrations.

So. Basic lodging. Nothing fancy. Clean. Did the trick. I don't know why nobody else mentioned the trains, but if you're a train fan or have small kids that like trains and train noises, "All Aboard!".

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We spent 7 hours on the road with our kids and promised them that they could swim once we got to the hotel. After all that time in the car, they were so ready to hit the pool! We suited up and ran over only to be told that the pool is closed :( Disappointed kids=unhappy parents. Room was clean and nice, but the pool being closed should have been posted online. We would have stayed elsewhere had we known.

• Stayed: April 2014