“Huge rooms! Good breakfast! Only one complaint...”

Comfort Suites Morrow
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Atlanta
“Huge rooms! Good breakfast! Only one complaint...”
Reviewed July 28, 2007

After my previous Morrow hotel first choice suddenly went completely downhill (Days Inn), I decided to give the Comfort Suites a try - even though the room was about $25 more per night than the $55 I was used to paying at Days Inn.

What did I get for my $80? A huge room with a firm pillowtop mattress and lots of pillows, a mini-fridge and microwave, a large flat screen TV with full cable, a filling breakfast (pre-prepared cheese omelets, sausage patties, banana-nut mini-muffins, do-it-yourself waffles, bagles, biscuits, assorted pastries, apples, plums, milk, OJ and apple juice, and three types of coffee), a talking elevator, ample parking, and a friendly, helpful staff (they even let us check in at noon as they had plenty of clean rooms already available).

Of course, it is no wonder that they already had an ample number of cleaned rooms, which gets me to the one complaint. At 9am the next morning, housekeeping walked into our room - no knocking... just walked right in. She was surprised to see us and apologized. Later, seeing us in the hall, she said she wouldn't have entered without knocking had she known we were staying another night. But we weren't staying another night. Check out wasn't until 11am, and she just assumed that since we were on her list to be leaving that day that we would've already vacated the room by 9am. We did inform the front desk about the issue. Thankfully, there was no harm regarding her entering the room like that unannounced.

Overall, a very pleasant stay with comfy surroundings. I would not hesitate to stay there again and would recommend it highly to a friend.

Oh. There was a pool, too. We didn't use it, but it looked nice and well-maintained.

• Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Aurielle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I stayed on business for four nights. The hotel is really nice and updated. The location is very convenient with many restaurants and shopping nearby. The rooms are great. The only problem I experienced was the staff and management was really dumb about the internet access. I could only get a sufficient signal strength in the lobby, I even move rooms. They keep telling me to call a 800 number who when called only verified, that I have a clue about windows and wireless setup. The signal just died once in the rooms. The breakfast was one of the skimpier Comfort SYSCO offerings. But everything else about the hotel was mint.

• Liked — Mint New Facility
  • Disliked — Weak Internet and breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Miguel_WI
Iowa City, IA
Reviewed June 24, 2007

This hotel is new and is very nice.
Best of all - the beds are the best ever!!
(Pillowtop mattresses, however the beds are a little tall)
We had 2 queen beds in our room and it was very spacious and had a small couch also.
The staff was nice too.
The only drawback was the indoor pool - it was freezing cold!
(supposedly heated - but is not)
I would recommend this hotel to any travelers near Atlanta.
It is right next to an IHOP, Cracker Barrel, and a McDonalds.

• Liked — pillowtop mattresses and queen beds
  • Disliked — unheated pool
  • Stayed June 2007
1 Thank SmithFamily84
baton rouge
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Just happened to see it while at Cracker Barrel. It is nestled within a back corner with large trees and secured by a beautiful brick wall. The mattresses were great, just like whipped cream and the staff very friendly and efficient. The price was most reasonable and the hotel had everything. My family and I would return if ever in the area agian. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The Mattresses
  • Disliked — The hotel was new and had no directional signage to get there. We saw it while dining
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank dunnmoody
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport
Comfort Suites Stockbridge
Comfort Suites Stockbridge
#7 of 19 in Stockbridge

Been to Comfort Suites Morrow? Share your experiences!