“It was okay...”

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Morrow Southlake
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We were driving from MI to Orlando - and just needed a place to crash for a few hours. We walked in w/no reservations and got a room w/2 beds for $61. It was 1:30 am, and the desk clerk wasn't the most polite - kind of just seemed a bit angry at the world. Our room was okay, nothing to write home about, but we just wanted to get some sleep and a shower. It met our needs prefectly. We JUST missed the cont. breakfast in the morning, but I did manage to get a glass of OJ while we were waiting to check out. This desk clerk was MUCH more friendly. Overall - not a terrible place to stay for a pit stop. Beds were decent, walls a little thin, rooms kinda small, shower decent -- we left much happier than when we got there!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 5, 2007

Very disappointed. Booked this motel on basis of price and other recommendations--something has happened in the meantime, I suppose. Did not look anything like pictures--creative photography, obviously. Room on the first floor was tiny. Beds uncomfortable. Bathroom small also. After dinner, tried to go back to the pool, which also was smaller than pictured. It was taken over by a big group and we didn't want my granddaughter exposed to the roughhousing, so couldn't stay. The coffeepot was dirty, no new coffee/condiments and had to go get them from front desk. There was no apology for this oversight, and the front desk folks were generally not very friendly.

All in all, would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank libby0105
Reviewed June 9, 2007

We had a bad experience at this location, as soon as arrival. The receptionist was horrible.. She was very rude when asked a question it got to the point where as she wanted to fight and threatend to harm us...The hotel turned into a family hang out for thugs instead of a good stay for a customer...The clerk called family members in to fight us.Bottom line we had to leave because of fear for our life.If you ever visit ATL.. this is a terrible hotel to stay for visitors from out of town...

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank klg34
Reviewed August 19, 2006

This hotel is terrible, I would not recommend it at all. It is hidden behind all the other hotels and is very rundown, when we arrived we noticed right away that one of the first floor rooms was totally boarded up and the windows were broken out. We booked a smoke free room but it smelled very bad of smoke and mold, there was mold and rust on the walls where it meets the ceiling and the rugs were extremely dirty also the bathrooms very dirty. We left right away and checked into Drury inn that is right in front of this one and I will give this one 5 stars. Very nice, clean comfy excellent free breakfast including waffles, eggs and sausages. The days inn is really bad and the pictures on Hotels does not look like it, the pics makes it look much better than it really is. pay the extra 50 and book the drury instead.

2  Thank africasouth
Reviewed July 25, 2006

The room we stayed in on the second floor was moderately clean, but the bathroom facilities were beginning to show their age. There were rust areas on the tub, and a couple bathroom floor tiles were loose, with one completely popped, so that it clicked when you walked on it.

We had a pretty bad experience with the water though. In the morning, after drinking a couple glasses of water from the faucet, I noticed that there were black specks left in the cup. Then after I had taken a shower (clear water w/ black specks left in the bottom of the tub), my husband went to do so, and the water came out brown. We let the water run for about 10 minutes, to no avail, and I went down to report it to the desk clerk. She was busy (apparently chatting with someone she knew, and then I think calling her Mom on a walkie talkie?), and said the city was working on the water, and didn't show any interest or concern.

So we waited and ran the water for another 20 minutes, and it was still brownish yellow. I went down to talk to her again, and she said she would call us when they were done. I saw a couple other guests in the lobby, and apparently their water was normal. After another 1/2 hour, with the water still dark yellow, I went down to talk to her again, this time backing up from the desk so she could see that I was pregnant. Finally she actually seemed to show some interest, even perhaps concern when I emphasized that I had drank some of the water, but said there was nothing she could do, and suggested we call the city about it. I suggested that she could have informed guests that there was a water problem, but again she said it was the city's problem.

Eventually, my husband ended up taking a quick shower in yellow water, as we needed to get on the road, and the water episode had delayed us for a good hour. The desk clerk refused to give us a discount on the room, and we left feeling moderately disgusted with the whole experience.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank reviewer1
Reviewed January 3, 2006

1/2/06
Sugarbowl Weekend in Atlanta

We stayed at the Days Inn in Morrow, Georgia to get away from the Atlanta traffic and hotel prices there.
The hotel is a short drive up I-75 to the heart of downtown. There are plenty of places to eat and Southlake mall is in Morrow.
The hotel is a good deal for the $40 a night we paid but it is nothing fancy. A clean room and a secure hotel is what you get, plus the staff was nice.
The hotel has some wear and tear but is in good shape.
The continental breakfast was so so but did have a waffle maker. The problem was it was in the lobby in front of the desk in a high traffic area and kind of busy in the mornings.
Overall, we had a good stay but might try other hotels in the area next trip.

Happy Travels

DAWGTRIP

2  Thank DAWGTRIP
Reviewed August 15, 2004

I like 3rd Floor for there inside corridors. Also they have refrigorator., and microwave. This poperty use to be a Fairfield Inn going bad. They have redone the whole hotel. Very Clean. If in the Morrow area to do research at the Ga. State Archive let them know they will give a special rate of 45.00, if no special events are going on in that area on. I will stay there again.

2  Thank bgray10569