“Great Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Atlanta, GA
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was recently here for a weekend get-away with my husband. The rooms were very nice and up to date; we stayed in the suite which included a living area, fridge, microwave, two t.v's, etc. Check-in went smoothly and the attendant was very nice.

I used my hotel reward points for this stay and I wasn't treated any differently than a paying customer. When I made the reservation on-line through the rewards website, it gave me the option to upgrade. So, I chose to upgrade to the suite (which was like $5), and I chose the late check out option (which was like $9). So, check out was 3, instead of 12.

We had dinner at the Long Horn a few doors down and went dancing at the Sky Box Lounge (next door) later that night.

Overall, great weekend getaway!! I would definitely be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CISMorrow, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello The-Clouds.

Grad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway and hope to see you back soon. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

Regards,

Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Delton, Michigan
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived exhausted. Front desk were great, very friendly. Went to a nice clean room. Was able to walk safely to a Long Horn Steak House for dinner, That was excellent.

Laid in our very comfortable bed, looked up huge water stain. Slept good until 11:30 pm, neighbor bar was extremely loud and woke us up for an hour.

Next morning getting coffee I checked out the halls, very clean but water damage on ceilings.. That makes me think there is some problem. The exercise room is one of the best I've seen. Pool outside:(. No use for us.

• Stayed January 2013
Hello MJOwens

Thank you for staying with us. We do have an excellent location and very comfortable beds. We did fix the water leak and hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arrived at this property after having been driving for 13 hours. We wanted to relax and go to bed early. Around 9:30 pm we were awakened by what sounded like a herd of elephants clomping around in the room above us! The ceiling was creaking like we were in a 100 year old house. We called the front desk to complain and were told that the people checking in had a lot of luggage. Well....the racket lasted for about an hour. It all started up again around 5am!!! We will under no circumstance stay at this hotel again. Soundproofing between floors is non-existant!
I won't even elaborate on the odor in the bathroom or the 2 flying insects we encountered.
Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CISMorrow, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

port st lucie
Reviewed October 4, 2012

stayed 9/24-9/28/12. Super clean rooms and property, friendly staff, comfortable beds and rooms.
Quite noisy from the 75 freeway though so if that is a problem I would recommend earplugs.
Chili's and Longhorn Steakhouse right next door, clean pool, but not heated. better than average free breakfast and good coffee

Room Tip: sorry don't know....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank karen r
Hello Ms. Karen,

Super clean rooms, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms is what we do best. Please let me know when you visit us again and we will find you a nice quite room.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had my family along for a weekend business trip and choose this hotel based on it's convenient location. It is very easy to get to off of I-75 and many nearby choices for restaurants and shopping. We checked in around 10 pm and went to our room on the 1st floor at the end of the hall next to the exit to the pool. Although the beds appeared to be made, it was at first odd that the ironing board was left out by the door and there was loose change on the floor between the beds. When we looked in the bathroom, there was used soap and a half-empty shampoo bottle on the side of the tub...this room had definitely not been cleaned. Went to the front desk and asked for another room and we were given the adjacent room with no problems. Everything seemed ok with this one so we got settled in. It was only right before getting ready to get in bed that I noticed that the knob for the security latch on the door had been torn off. Though there was a dead bolt, my spidey senses started going off so I walked to the nearby exit door to further recon the security situation. The exterior door had an electric lock with card reader access but was not closed all the way so it could be opened freely from the outside. After securing that door, I walked out the side door to the pool and noticed that exterior door was not and could not be locked in any way without a key. After 10 pm, I would expect that this door should be locked for security reasons. I walked back to the front desk to ask about the door situation and was told that the doors were left open for guests to use the pool and that they don't have any problems with security. We had needed to stay a second night and my family was already in bed so I decided to leave it for the night and simply asked if we could move to a second floor room in the morning and this request was accomodated with no problem. Went back to the room, made necessary security precautions and went to bed with no problems that night.

The next morning the breakfast was great, the staff was courteous and friendly, and we moved to the requested 2nd floor room before leaving for the day. My wife returned after lunch with our boys to rest for a bit and she noticed that the room seemed hot and humid. She checked the air and turned it all the way down and after an hour or so it had no affect on the room temperature. She asked for help from the front desk (same guy as previous night) and he asked if he could come up to look at the AC. No surprise...the AC was broken. We were then given a room across the hall that was clean enough, had adequate security features, and the AC was cold. This room worked out and we had no other problems but going through 4 rooms for a 2 night stay seems excessive. I must say regardless of the room situation, the customer service was good and our needs were attended to.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 2nd floor or above and check the room thoroughly that it meets your expectatio...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CISMorrow, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South, responded to this review, October 5, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I specifically stayed here after reading the reviews on this site since we had never been to this area and we were going to Atlanta Motor Speedway. We weren't even offered a lower rate..since there was no room to move to..paid 150 and then 125 and 89 for a room that runs 86 on a normal weekend night. Vents were full of black mold and could be wiped off...it was growing on to the ceiling. Complained about it and they tried to deny it and say it was rust...proved them wrong. Blood stains on curtains. Bathroom smelled so bad like cigar smoke we couldnt go in there. Tv remote in bedroom didnt work. Carpet stained and coming apart. Went down for breakfast an hour or so before it was to end and very limited items left. Housekeeping banged on the door before 9 am and woke us up to clean room, with do not disturb sign on the door, two days in a row. Next to a bar and highway so a lot of night noise unless you keep air on to block it off. Would not recommend this hotel, especially for a family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mia2070
CISMorrow, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South, responded to this review, September 9, 2012

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a very comfortable stay after a long day visiting Atlanta. It was a short drive from downtown Atlanta and very close to Jonesboro, which we were visiting the next day. They were tarring the parking lot, which made for a small inconvenience of parking and getting tar balls in your shoes. Chili's is next door and wonderful when you are tired and not up to driving anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#6 of 12 in Morrow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Stockbridge
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South? Share your experiences!