“Birthday Blast!”
Review of Tank Town USA

Tank Town USA
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I recently took my wife on a weekend birthday trip to the mountains around Blue Ridge GA. While we were exploring the country side, we stumbled upon Tank Town USA. I spoke to the guy (Todd) for a bit about his work and he was knowledgeable, friendly, outgoing, and well educated. He was closing for the day so we chatted as he wound down his equipment and cleaned up. He has three tanks (FV430 variants) on the property, an excavator, multiple army trucks and a Russian amphibious carrier (PTS class). The tanks and the excavator are for rent to drive.

We returned the next morning and opted not to purchase a car to crush ($499 option) and just go for the 10 minute drive ($50) in a tank. We walked around the tank and went inside as he explained the various parts and functions. It was her birthday so I rode a bit and ran around the lot taking pictures and video. There are hills, draws, dips, turns, and lots of fun to have in the lot. Todd rides along in the commander's cupola directing and coaching on driving. My wife had zero experience with military vehicles and she was driving after 30 seconds of instruction. There was a crushed car left over from the prior day and he allowed her to drive over this car. My wife had a huge grin on her face the entire time. She told me the ride was smooth and easy while the tank was easy to drive.

Todd is a great guy and quite enthusiastic about his work. I hope he does well and is able to expand his business. Since the place is only 1.5 hours north of Atlanta, we will definitely be back again. Thanks Todd!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I drove from Cleveland, OH and it was absolutely worth it! This is an extremely unique experience in operating armored vehicles and heavy equipment. Todd is very friendly and made driving these vehicles very simple. The field seems to be ever changing and it was great fun rolling over the steep hills and through the mud pits. The local towns and surrounding area are very nice as well, making for an easy way to wind down after the experience. We had a wonderful time and want to go again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Todd and Sammy made this an awesome experience! Thank you, gentlemen. We celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary at Tank Town USA, driving a tank and crushing a car! Priceless! Fun and safe experience. Made even more memorable with video.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Riding on top of the tank was almost as fun as driving it. Thanks for such a great time. We headed down to the Blue Ridge Brewery afterwards and told them you sent us. Great recommendation. Thanks so much. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

For years my mom has talked about wanting to drive a tank, preferably over a vehicle or ten. I read about this place in my local newspaper and made the arrangements. My entire family kept the secret for over a month, until that Saturday morning when we were all in the car and told her where we were taking her. SHE LOVED IT. I rode on top of the tank for the first ten minutes and my brother-in-law rode for the second ten minutes. I am so happy that she was finally able to have her dream come true!