“An excellent gem in the North Georgia mountains”
Review of Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: In 2017, we grew our family again, adopting two well-established and well-loved restaurants. Morganton-based Cucina Rustica and La Pizzeria at Cucina Rustica were opened by longtime friends of ours years before we arrived in Blue Ridge. When they were thinking of retiring, we saw the opportunity to own the land where our restaurants would live. So we purchased the two Italian-style concepts and brought in Danny’s touch with fresh ingredients and classic European chef training. Cucina Rustica is focused on a fine dining experience with Danny’s interpretation of Old World Italian foods from Sicilian fish dishes to Northern Italian pastas and everything in between. La Pizzeria at Cucina is your classic New York-style pizza place. A place where everyone knows your name and what you like on your pie. We love that – we both grew up with those classic places in our hometowns in Connecticut and Philadelphia.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a family dinner at Cucina Rustica on our last night of a family trip. We had a few issues with trying to pre-purchase wine for the table for our family, the man that answered the phone was sarcastic when informing me that he couldn't take my credit card over the phone, and that I would need to come by to do it. Then there was a lot of confusion over our table when we checked in. After that, we had a very enjoyable experience. The restaurant was cabin cute, and the "Beatals" a Beatles cover band were playing outside. The food was very good. The salad was served family style, and the portions were very large. Overall the food was excellent, and a nice surprise for being in this part of Georgia. The crowd was robust for off-season for tourists, and the waitress for very good. I wish I could remember her name. If you go out for dinner in this area you must try Cucina Rustica.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had lunch in the Pizzaria and the food was nothing to write home about but it was hot and well prepared so I had no complaints.Too bad our server got tied up in chatting with coworkers and never came back so my food was served by someone else, I was never offered a refill on my drink and nobody ever came to take our payment so I had to leave cash and overtip for non-existant service. A few nights later based on good reviews from others we tried the fine dining side of the house. The service on that side was better but my pasta was more than a few minutes shy of "al dente" and the sauce tasted very much like a can of tomatoes that had been dumped into a pan without seasoning and barely warmed. Not impressed. Note to management: You need more than a two foot tall pepper grinder and a whopping bill at the end of the meal to qualify as a fine dining restaurant. I sincerely hope the chef called in sick that night and someone else with no cooking experience prepared that pasta.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

An unexpected treat for this part of Georgia. Having been preceded by several mediocre restaurants, Cucina Rustica is definitely a great place for Italian food. Excellent bread, antipasto,
and superb entrees for all four of us. The tiramisu for dessert was one of the best I've had in a long time. Wine was reasonably priced as was the food.

1  Thank 2012Katie
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On a recent trip to Blue Ridge, we were disappointed to learn one of our local favs, Harvest on Main, was booked. But, it forced us to try something new - and did it ever turn out to be a good decision! We ate at Cucina Rustica, billed as northern Italian cuisine. Very, very nice experience. I agree with the other reviewers the outside is simple; but, the interior is well appointed and has a very nice feel/atmosphere. The wine and beer list is great; and the food, from the focaccia bread and really nice salad to the entrees (we both had pasta dishes, though the menu offered several other enticing options including grouper picatta, several veal dishes and others) to the homemade tiramisu it was a memorable meal. As a note, the service was very nice as well. There is a sister restaurant, La Pizzeria ( I think that is the correct name), on the same property for more casual dining. We will certainly add this to our go-to spots for Blue Ridge.

1  Thank KVT2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Outside doesn't look like much, but inside the food is exquisite! Beginning with warm focaccia bread and fresh salad this meal was superb from start to finish! Celebrating my sister's birthday, this was a first time visit to Cucina Rustica, but will certainly not be our last. We all had the pork piccata, complimented by a nice house wine. Capers gave this dish its unique flavor and the portion served was very generous. We brought our own birthday cake and our server brought it out with a candle at just the right time. The staff was very helpful and efficient, making the entire dining experience a memorable one! There was even live entertainment on the evening we were there.

1  Thank singerdn