“BEST IN THE STATE!”

Lighthouse Restaurant
Stockbridge, Georgia
“BEST IN THE STATE!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We have been eating at the Lighthouse for as long as I can remenber. Like any other place you have good days and bad days, but on a whole, if you are looking for good fish, slaw and seafood - this is the place to go. When you get all-you-can eat, you don't have to beg for refills, or eat them one at a time. And we never leave without a to-go box!! The tea is to die for southern sweet tea - as is the coleslaw. And if you are a southern veggie freak - then go on Sunday for lunch. You will get "just like mama made" fried okra, dressing, fried chicken, roast beef, and pork chops you will never believe. My ONLY complaint is that it is kept cool - so bring a sweater!! Worth the prices - come hungry!

2 Thank WarEagle30281

Griffin, Georgia
“This is a great place to go and have fellowship with other people while eating.”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I read the review where the gentle did not enjoy his visit at the Ligthhouse. I wonder was it that he is not friendly or what. I believe the restuatant is an very good place to go and eat our favorite time to go is on Sunday after church, I don't like the prices but you pay for what you get. I imagine people go there and get plates of food and throw it away and some people let there kids waste food. But I enjoy my food and my visits. The people there are very friendly. It is a nice place to eat. Yes it is pricey but I truly enjoy.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Return to the Lighthouse”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

It had been a while since I had ate at this restaurant but while on a long motorcycle trip, we made a point of stopping here and being there right as it opened on a Wednesday night. The restaurant did not let me down again. The seafood was outstanding and I was so concentrated on it, I did not even eat from the salad bar. I had three full plates of food plus a tin pan you would cook a turkey in with six clusters of steamed snow crab legs cooked perfectly. My friend had the buffet without the crab legs for 14.99 and I had them added for a total of 18.99. A great value, food food and excellent service. I also made a short video of the visit but I said it was in Barnesville, the nearest larger town. Milner is really small. To see the video go to youtube and in the search bar, type Chef Norm and find my video with Lightouse 1 for the filename.

1 Thank norme-ormond
Atlanta
“Forget it!”
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Having been a long time customer and seeing the service and the prices go in oppisite directions, they have seen the last of me. The place wasnt that busy but it seemed that you were a burdon to the staff. Upon being seated the hostess told me that if I needed a high chair for our child I could get one off the stack over by the restrooms! When the waitress came to take our order we told her we needed a couple of more mins. as they had raised the prices ( a lot ) and we had to replan our ordering, the waitress rolled her eyes and slamed her book closed and wandered off. Finally she came back took the order and the drinks arrived by some one else who apparently didnt want to be there either plunked the glasses down at the end of the table and pitchers of tea not telling us which was sweet or unsweet. meal was dropped off and we ate. I had the all you can eat boiled shrimp for $13! The waitress never asked if i needed a bowl to but my shells in, but she never cleared the old salad bowls from the table either. Lucky me I guess and had to use that. I had to flag her down to get a refill and figured i was pushing my luck for that. She was quick about plunking down the check though and after that she was a ghost! We waited 20 Min. to see if she would come back to ask for a to go box (not wasting any food from a meal that cost $60 for 3 adilts and 2 kids) So I had to go to the casheer to see if I could be lucky enough to get one. The food has suffered the prices have gone up andthe staff is the worse I have ever seen there. Needless to say I will not be going back .And such a shame this used to be a good place to eat too.

3 Thank DJwog
Atlanta, GA
“Not my favorite place in Milner any more!”
Reviewed April 5, 2008

April 5, 2008. Don't waste the gas to drive to this place. We have eaten here for many, many years and it was excellent, but in the last 6 months we have eaten here several times and the quality of food and service has gone down, down, down. Tonight one person at our table got their dinner and it was ice cold (and I mean ice cold). Our food was lukewarm and greasy at best. To top it off, when we told the cashier on our way out how bad the food was, she knocked a whopping dollar off our bill. That wasn't a courtesy, that was an insult. We passed other people in the parking lot tonight who were also complaining about the awful food and service. Better wise up Lighthouse, if you think you can live on your reputation alone, you'd better think again, because right now, even that's not too good!

4 Thank Dissatisfied2008