“Updated Surprise, Smart Staff”

Hampton Inn Milledgeville
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Milledgeville
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Never really knowing what I’m going to get with Hampton Inn anymore, I was pleasantly surprised to find this small-town property refreshed and updated. The modern fixtures, furnishings, and décor set the tone for a comfortable stay. I appreciated the desk space, but there was a big comfy chair and side table that made a good work/relax space, too. A room during a different stay had a small couch and ottoman – also adding to my comfort.

The rooms and bathroom could have used a little more attention to detail – maybe the fact that some grime, splatter, and smears were missed was just made all the more obvious by the contrast of the new finishes. The breakfast room was tiny, but adequately stocked with the expanded, hot version of the American hotel breakfast.

Most notable was the very competent staff. On two separate stays I used a combination of miles, points, and regular payment, and every staff member knew how to deal with the complexities of applying the different forms of payment while ensuring I could keep the same room without my key cancelling out or being charged unnecessarily. Kudos to Ms. Bettye and Ms. Likebia, and others whose names I unfortunately did not note.

Not the prettiest of locations, but it’s at least set back from the street with a little bit of greenery. I walked across the parking lot to the dingy, old strip mall to pick up some beverages, then further across the parking lot to pick up some dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MLeopards

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in Milledgeville with family for my son's graduation from GCSU. We stayed at the Hampton Inn and were very satisfied with the accommodations and service. If you are planning to stay overnight in Milledgeville, Ga I recommend the Hampton Inn.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I want to thank the General Manager, Ms. Pamela Jackson, and Ms. Bettye for a wonderful experience. I held a quick meeting at this site and the hospitality that we received was incredible. I felt that my meeting was supported above and beyond our expectations. The facility is beautiful and everything was so well placed. I look forward to returning to this establishment for future meetings and gatherings! A special thanks to all who received us and hosted our meeting. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sterling W
Pamela J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milledgeville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your kind words, we welcome you and your guests for future meetings. It gives us great joy to know that your experience was incredible, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff was warm and friendly. The bed was the best I've ever slept in in a hotel. This was in a small town (Milledgeville), so we weren't sure what to expect. But we were very pleasantly surprised.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad we could surprise you with our Hampton Inn beds, they are amazing and when you snuggle down into the bed for the night nothing but ZZZ's ..... I am glad you enjoyed your stay,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Wife and I had reservation for double room May 9 made thru Priceline (prepaid). Priceline made an error and booked it as a smoking room rather than nonsmoking. The hotel was sold out due to an event occurring that weekend and no more rooms were available.
The evening manager and assistand were amazing in dealing with the problem and mitigating the impact. They 1) had maintenance go in and use blowers to dissipate the smell, 2) sprayed with some type of Freebreeze type of product to help lift the smoke smell from the furniture, 3) changed the linens, 4) texted my wife when all this had been done after we had left for dinner, and, 5) gave us a gift basket with drinks and chocolates that appeared to have been just purchased. To top it off they gave us a $10 ChicfilA gift card the next morning.

I've been placed into rooms that had issues more serious than this in other properties at twice the price where the staff was completely oblivious or uncaring. The staff at this Hampton Inn deserves special recognition for sustaining the level of hospitality that other properties should aspire.

Other than the smoking room the property was fine - nicely appointed with contemporary furnishings, comfortable plush beds, a very clean bathroom. The morning breakfast was pretty ordinary American plan fare - pastries and the like.

I would definitely recommend this property and stay here again.

Room Tip: This is the standard Hampton Inn layout with the entrances on the sides near the central elevator an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your response, it is great to know that the Team had taken care of all your needs, in a situation that was uncomfortable. We take pride in our Team that when we have a situation we do our best to make it right. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Fail to clean my room after first night stay. Breakfast last day dried out eggs no orange juice no one monitoring the breakfast food area to replenish the food used or clean up the mess around the area. A maintenance man clean floors was also working the area of the breakfast bar and was not around for any problems that arose. Not to speak of the health factor that might exist.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response, it brought to our attention that we slipped and have some training issues we need to address. I have gone over our Breakfast menu for that day, we did serve Omelets, and I can also understand that they do not look like the Omelets you get at home or in a restaurant setting, however we are working on making the presentation more appealing. I am terribly sorry about your room not getting service, we do not however go into a room with a Do not Disturb on the door, yet we should of checked before housekeeping left for the day to see if that sign was still in place. I also need to add that the person in the breakfast area was not maintenance, he was our breakfast server mopping up a spill. We have also done some training that they know they are to be in proper uniform at all times. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention again, and I will also be contacting you as I want to make your stay right. When you stay with us here at Hampton Inn we want you to relax and enjoy your stay and that is our goal. I will be talking to you soon. and again Thank you.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel was efficient, clean and convenient. The beverage center in the lobby is a great addition to any stay and the complimentary breakfast is convenient as well. I would recommend this hotel as the place to stay near Georgia College.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan W
Pamela J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milledgeville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us here in Milledgeville, I am not sure why the eggs had the consistency of Jello, however I can reassure you we did refresh our cooking skills to make sure this is not the norm. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We look forward to your return stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milledgeville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milledgeville
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Motel 6 Milledgeville
Motel 6 Milledgeville
#7 of 10 in Milledgeville

Been to Hampton Inn Milledgeville? Share your experiences!