“A little bit nicer than you'd think.”

Days Inn Milledgeville
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Milledgeville
Tampa, FL
“A little bit nicer than you'd think.”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting family who lived nearby. This is a basic roadside motel, so wasn't expecting a lot of amenities. The motel looks a bit shabby from the outside, but my room was clean, and had a microwave, minifridge, and a recliner, which all suprised me. The furnishings in my room all showed some wear, but I'm not that fussy and didn't spend much time there other than to sleep. The breakfast is a very basic continental; just enough to get your day started. There is a pool, but I did not use it. The hotel did not seem very full while I was there, so I didn't have any problems with noise. I go to Milledgeville fairly often, and there are several newer motels in the same area, but I got a great price for this one and was satisfied with my stay.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Albany
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Our family stayed foy our sons graduation, Motel was Very Old, No updating.
Rooms clean enough. But in need of bed replacement, fridge replacement. ETC IT ALL needs to be replaced. Parents stayed on one side of motel, Motorcycles reved all night and drunks stood outside hollering all night.
We were on the other side, i think folks live out of there, At 11:30n several family.. welll Older folks came out and set up on the side walk at our room, shouting, having a good drinking time, With their TODDLERS running up and down the side walk crying and generally having a great time. NO SLEEP. NO HELP from the Front desk. DONT DO IT!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Milledgeville hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed March 16, 2009

The front desk clerk was very nice and helped with all the issues (though very little, just one) that I needed. I wanted to see how to use the internet and it was really easy. The fitness center is great and the breakfast selection was limited but still great to eat, bagels, cereal, coffee, bread, your basic selection. No complaints and would recommend to anyone who wants a great relaxing stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed May 26, 2008

My wife, our 9 year old daughter, and I stayed at this motel because it was the last place with a room available the night before our neice graduated from the local college. Everything about this place was grimey. My daughter jumped into the pool before we saw the algae along the edges and on the pool bottom, so we had her exit as quickly as possible. The room had two queen beds which felt like they must have been $39 specials from Goodwill...very thin tops, the box springs deflected badly when one sat on the edge of the bed, etc. The room appeared to have been painted by a 4th grader...none of the fixtures had been removed before painting, so each towel rack, light switch, etc. showed paint drips and errant painting strokes. The carpet was thin, had several stains and paint drips. I called the desk to see if I could borrow an iron and ironing board. They said sure, if I'd come down to get it, which I did (not exactly strong on customer service). The board was one of those minature ones, and it was absolutely gross looking, with multiple stains and a loose fitting top. Valuing our health, we decided to not experience the free breakfast. All in all, I would say it might be more comfortable, and perhaps healthier, to simply sleep in your car than to stay at the Days Inn in Milledgeville. Curiously, this was very similar to our last experience at a Days Inn in Ellensburg, WA several years ago. We had said we'd never stay in one again, but hopefully this experience will help us remember how awful this chain is.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Grimey, uncomfortable, no customer service, dingy.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank travelguyxx
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2008

The Days Inn was a good value for a one night layover on a two day driving trip. It is an older motel, but the front desk clerk was very nice, it was quiet and the price was right. The rooms were clean and large with king size beds, a refrigerator, microwave and free WiFi. The free breakfast was pretty skimpy...bagels, muffins, toast, microwave oatmeal and grits, coffee, but it filled us up.

• Liked — Price, size of rooms, quiet
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2008

When first driving up to the Days Inn, it looked a little empty and isolated and I had some low expectations for the place, but after staying there I have to say I was quite pleased. At a price of $55/
night (including taxes) I received a large, comfortable room. The furniture was your run of the mill motel furniture, but everything was clean and worked well. Each room has a microwave and fridge. I did not use the wireless internet, but my co-worker said it worked great. The pool looked nice, though it was a little cold to actually try out. There are rough looking tennis courts if you happen to bring your racquet. There are also areas for grilling out - though I have to admit I didn't examine them closely enough to see if they were useable. The breakfast was your standard motel breakfast fare: cereal, juice, bagels, coffee. The location is fine - there are plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, etc nearby, but I was hoping it would be a bit closer to Milledgeville.

• Liked — The price, clean comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
columbus, oh
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We have stayed at this motel each year beginning in 2003. Due to we have a pet and not many choices in Milledgeville for pet friendly motels. The staff is friendly, the carpet and furniture are old and they really do need updated. But just staying a few nights we can tolerate that.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple