“Filthy-Disgusting-Shameful!”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Milledgeville
Ocala, Florida
“Filthy-Disgusting-Shameful!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

First I would like to say that the staff were very nice. However,the polite staff we were greeted by and the nice clean lobby simply do not match the extreme slum-like conditions of this motel. Mere words cannot express the horror of this place. We were in town to attend the Deep Roots festival (which was excellent by the way). When we got to the motel, we were given the room we requested, a king size non-smoking room. (Room 201) When we walked up the cracked and broken staircase I was nervous. Then I saw that our room was by some dark hallway that looked like a housekeeping hallway or something. Then when we walked into the room; the stink of who knows what and cigarette smoke almost knocked us down. The door had a huge gap under it and the lock seemed to work but the door was extremely loose and you could shake it back and forth at least an inch on either side of the lock. The carpet was so dirty that I would never take my shoes off in this place. I would be more comfortable walking barefoot outside in the parking lot. The tables had gross rings of who knows what on them where glasses/cups had been. The dust piles were awfully large for a place with a housekeeper. We wanted to get to the festival so we left. When we came back and I went to to pull the covers down to get into bed; the dirty stained pillow case almost made me vomit. It was very late and we were tired. We just got some blankets out of the car and slept on top of them on the bed. The next morning I went to talk to the manager and he was not in. I showed the staff the pillowcase and explained everything else and she politely said she would tell the manager. So, that was it. I am disappointed in both EconoLodge and Expedia. I have been to many older run down motels that were clean. I have never seen anything like this. There is simply no excuse for being filthy.

Room Tip: Just run away.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We were schedule to stay 5 nights, but got our company to move us after 2. The exterior is vet deceptive as long as you don't look too close, but once you enter the rooms you can see exactly what you've gotten yourself in to. Dirty, turn carpet, tattered and torn bed linens, hard mattresses, paper-thin towels and air conditioners falling apart. The ice machine down stairs did not work, but it didn't matter because it was so nasty we wouldn't have used it if it did.
The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because I can imagine there are worse places to stay, but I haven't been to any. Spend an extra $10 a night and stay someplace down the road.
I think the positive reviews must have confused another place with this one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Milledgeville hotels

Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here with my family for a weekend to check out the Georgia College and State University. Rooms were really clean. Beds were comfortable. Front desk lady at night was very accommodating. Walmart and Chilis, were in walking distance which was convenient. Cheap rate compared to most of the other motels in the area. Would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

housekeepers looked like they was off the street..no uniform..rooms was so bad...reaked of pot smell...we was just apauled at this hotel..CLOSE IT DOWN...lady at front desk was drunk or high she could not even talk..her breath smelled like beer when she talked...ask if I could pay cash that if I did she could keep it for pay...(NO) older lady at night...women in another room behind desk was yelling for help....do not waste your money on this hotel....she ask if I could take a room with bed bugs...I ask her name and it was JUNE..she needs to get rehab or something....

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brenda R
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This hotel allows pets but only in three of its rooms. Two of these rooms are smoking, so we requested the one nonsmoking pet-friendly room. We paid for the room and went to check in and immediately had to go back to the front desk because 1) the room reeked of cigarette smoke and 2) a broken-down car was parked in front of our room as well as the room next door, taking up both spaces. Turns out the car belonged to the woman working the front desk; she confirmed that it was not running and that she was storing it there at the hotel. She called the owner to see if we could have another room without the smell of cigarettes and without a junk car parked in our space but the owner refused. So we got our money back and went elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you have pets and are a nonsmoker, don't stay here at all!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DivineMissM71
Minnesota
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here for business, figuring I'd save a few dollars for my company. Instead, it cost a bit of my sanity. The place appears to be family run and the family is kind, considerate, and helpful. I just wish they put more time and energy into their hotel.

I understand this is Milledgeville, GA, not exactly on the tourist map, so it's important to keep that in mind. Still, consider that: the room had no iron or clock. The iron had to be requested from the front desk with a few dollars deposit, which I got back. Luckily I could set my phone as an alarm, but how much theft of this stuff is there, really? I couldn't set the temperature - it was always air conditioning or off. The free WiFi worked. The breakfast is simple coffee and some bread. The stairway has up to the room is uneven - that first step is a doozy.

Bottom line is it just wasn't comfortable being here. There are comparable hotels up and down the street for a few dollars more.

Room Tip: Typical motel-like set up. Ask for one on the upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank larry_nyc
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2011

This was a horrible experience. We recently visited the area for graduation weekend and had made a reservation for our son and his fiance. Arriving to the office we checked in and were sent to the room...YUK! Dark, dirty, dingy, and dismal are the kindest things about it. The pattern on the carpet could not even be determined because of the amount of dirt and disgust on it. Although we had requested a non-smoking room, there was an overturned ashtray and the room wreaked of smoke The icing on the cake was the peephole...no peephole but a piece of paper rolled into a cylinder! I can't imagine who would ever stay in a room like this! What an embarrassment to have brought family here...needless to say, they all bunked in with others visiting as well. :(

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family