“Definitely not the best Holiday Inn Express”

Milledgeville Express Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Milledgeville
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Room air condition was very noisy. All equipment was outdated. Had a Jacuzzi room but was to dissatified to use it. Phone did not work to even call the front desk. Desk clerk was rude and gave excuses for not refunding our money for checking out early. Would not recommend anyone to stay there unless it is a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cacousins
There are newer reviews for Milledgeville Express Inn and Suites

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Pleasant hotel; comfortable room with free internet and good facilities including coffee maker. The staff were helpful, provided driving directions and gave good dinner recommendations - The Brick in the Main st of Milledgeville. The breakfast at the hotel (included in room rate) was very good, organic bananas, cereal, cinnamon rolls, coffee etc.
The hotel is located on the big highway on the way to the downtown of Milledgeville but because the hotel is set back from the road it was very quiet. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gingerSW
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here 2 days. The hotel staff was nice but not attentive to detail or follow-through. Immediately upon our arrival we noted that the reading lamp, desk chair, and bathroom lite in our room were inoperable. We reported the problems and were told that things would be cared for immediately. When we arrived at the pool, we found it to be dirty. There was a ladder, power washer, and other tools laying all around. We were told at the desk that it was ok to use the pool but didn't think that was a good idea. The 2nd day, we were finally able to get someone to go look at the pool--they finally believed our report. We reminded staff nearly every time we walked by the desk; upon departure we reminded staff of the problems and were promised a 10% discount.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I chaperoned seven students last weekend here, and the hotel was great. Rooms are large, quiet, well cared for, and clean. Sadly, I received a call around 9:00 PM that one of my rooms was noisey. I took care of it immediately. Just because groups of kids may occasionally stay here does not mean you won't have a quiet evening!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LoveToTravelGA
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband attended a meeting at Georgia State and College University. I went along for a mini-vacation. We had a suite which gave us enough room to move around. Everything was clean and perfect in the room. As soon as we got into our room, the desk clerk called to see if everything was OK. We let her know that one light bulb was out. My husband went down and got another bulb. Connecting my laptop to the free wireless Internet was the easiest EVER. In about 2 clicks of the mouse, I was online. We took advantage of the fitness center which has 2 treadmills, 1 stationary bike, doctor's scales, and a TV. We were told that a larger facility was available nearby if we needed more. I had planned to do some sightseeing while in Milledgeville and thought that the trolley tour with the Visitors' Bureau would be the best way to see the historic city. My husband asked the desk clerk if she would like to go with me (since she was off the next day). She agreed and drove me to the 2-hour trolley tour. We ate lunch together and toured the Old Governor's Mansion. I'd say it was a pretty amazing trip. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express made it all happen!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank OldShoeWoman
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I have been travelling to Milledgeville for the last few weeks. My stay at the Holiday Inn Express has been fantastic each time. It has become home away from home. The room is clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff is always courteous and professional. Travelling on a budget, the Holiday Inn Express is an excellent value. I have stayed at the other hotels in town. You can't beat the staff and and service at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank frequenttravellerMd
Reviewed September 12, 2009

This Holiday Inn Express was a little above par with most I stay at. However I did stay at the Comfort Suites here in town just earlier this week and comparing the two hotels I'd say the better value is at Comfort Suites. Here is why I say this: Holiday Inn Express had standard TV's, Comfort Suite had LCD TV's. Holiday Inn Rooms were slightly smaller, however the bathrooms at Holiday Inn Express are bigger and more spacious which I like. Cleanliness was a tie, and breakfast is a tie. I would have given Comfort Inn the edge on breakfast, but the milk machine they had I did not care for, because the milk had an off flavor to it, but I did like the waffle machine setup. Lastly, price. I paid $16 cheaper for a one night stay at Comfort Suites than I did with Holiday Inn Express. I would stay here again if Comfort did not have the availability, but for the money I will rate Comfort Suites as the better choice in Milledegville. I checked the photo's of the hotel from clicking on the link at tripadvisor and they are a true representation of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business