“They come from Tennessee for the food!”

Lieu's Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Milledgeville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our daughter and her family insist on going to Lieu's every time they come to visit us from Tennessee. My daughter and I wandered into Lieu's one day while we were shopping because both of us love Chinese food. We were tired and didn't want to "do" a buffet. We were so glad we stopped. The food is too good for words. We have tried many dishes and they all are above expectations. My personal favorite is the Happy Family, my daughter likes the Pepper Steak and my husband like the General Tso Chicken. You can't go wrong!!!!

1  Thank CostaRicaMama

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am not fan of Lieu's because the food isn't that good and the portions are smaller than I'd like.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The spicy garlic tofu is a great meal, I add mixed vegetables. The portions are big enough for two people to share. Lunch specials are great come with egg roll, soup, and fried rice.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Lieu's is easily my "go-to" for lunch and dinner. Lunch is a GREAT deal...usually around $6-$10 for a drink, soup (with a plate of fried crunchies), spring roll, rice, and PLENTY of your chosen dish (you may even have to take some home). Dinner is even better...an entire plate of your meal and a unique salad (love the "dressing")...you will usually have some left to take home. Dinner is a little more expensive than lunch, but you get double the portion of lunch.

Depending on the time you go, service varies but is never unacceptable. As in any restaraunt, when business is heavy, service is a little more spread out. Not sure why the other reviewer said only your waiter can bring you something..??.. Someone is always filling my drink which I love...and you can most certainly ask anyone for anything and they'll bring it for you.

The food is prepared FRESH every morning, NOT FROZEN and thawed...and you can tell. The quality of the food is outstanding, you can tell it wasn't made by someone just hired to cook...it was made by someone who KNOWS what they are doing and cares how it turns out.

I am rarely this passionate over food or a restaraunt, but Lieu's is a great place for family, business, or couples for dinner...the food is sooooo good no matter what you order.

The owner/manager is a great guy as well. He genuinely cares about you and the food. He goes out of his way for his customers and goes above and beyond to help you as a person, not just a customer.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have been going here for several years. The food is quite good, but the service is poor to average. Lots of people running around, but only your waiter can bring you water! Asking any staff for anything is a waste of time. Only your waiter, even for a napkin. If service was improved, especially when your waiter has other tables, it could be superb.