“Clean, Inexpensive, Modern Room”

Super Inn & Suites - Milledgeville
Super Inn & Suites - Milledgeville
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Milledgeville
Richmond, Virginia
“Clean, Inexpensive, Modern Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

This hotel is pet friendly and appears to have recently been updated. Our comforters had a contemporary design, even the desk lamp had electrical outlets, and there was a desk as well as a table and chairs. The room was clean. All of the front desk staff were friendly and courteous. The contintental breakfast was truly continental: only donuts, cereal, milk, and coffee. Our only big issue was the couple of steps we had to use to get into our room from the parking lot even on the ground floor, so disabled or elderly customers should be aware that a ground floor room is not step-out-of-your-car-and-into-your-room access. Also, the owner's policy is not to put tissues in the rooms any longer; we were given a roll of toilet paper instead. Yet we have recommended this hotel to others and plan to stay here again in the future. All in all, it's a great value for what you get. I mean, there were even roses blooming in the courtyard!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DivineMissM71
harrypatel14, Owner at Super Inn & Suites - Milledgeville, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed it and really hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milledgeville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I had to rent a room for the night because our home had no power. The night before our stay at the hotel, Milledgeville had a bad storm with numerous power outtages everywhere. Our home was one of the places that had no power. A large tree had fallen across the road and was resting on the power lines. Georgia Power Company had put us last on the list to be serviced and one stay at home over night with no lights was enough. We got the room and was comfortable and it was almost like home. As I type this review, our power is still out after nearly 48 hours. We have lost just about all our food in the freezer and it is really a bad feeling that we keep getting the run around from the power company. The bottom line is that we were blessed to have this hotel to come too and it is close to where we call home.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rneyone
abvimilledgeville, Owner at Super Inn & Suites - Milledgeville, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate it and hope you will stay with us again in the future should you have a need.

Management
north carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

Had rode all day from North Carolina. Just wanted someplace to relax. Went to one hotel down the road and desk clerk was alseep on the couch. Left there and went back down the road just a little ways. Thought the outside looked ok, so we went in this one. Should have picked the one in the middle of these or just went somewhere else all together. Desk clerk wasn't even dressed for the job, and I think the manager for this one was asleep behind us. Should have left then, but didn't. The room was just ok. Pulled down the covers and there were hairs on it and not from someone's head either. I had to put a towel I brought over the pillow and covered up with one too. Took a shower the next morning and it took 30 minutes for it to drain. Never again. Next time, we will look at the room first or just go to a well known hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank homerette

Travelers are raving about these Milledgeville hotels

Jackson GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2007

I went by to take a look at this hotel. Since I had reserved rooms online through priceline. They advertise that they have a resturaunt and lounge but they do not. It is closed down . The rooms smelled funny and had cobwebs. Even the non smoking rooms were bad smellin

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank ThunderDog
Alamo, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2006

The room had an odor to it like stale smoke although I requested a non-smoking room. The plumbing was awful, my husband had to fix the tub before we could take a shower, (maybe I should send them a bill). A bug of some type was in the bed after we had laid down. At 3:40am we had company, a mouse decided he was hungry. My husband smacked it, we tied it up so it would not come back to life. The desk clerk that was to check us out didn't know what to do about complaints, she was rude, she decided to take it upon herself and check us out without us coming by, we finally went up to check out at 8:45am, boy, we were late checking out. I still don't have a receipt. I made 3 long distance phone calls yesterday and finally spoke to the owner after the night clerk gave me his cell phone number, then his guys tells me to call him back today. I'm still waiting to be satisfied.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — room was awful
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here, no matter how cheap it is, you get what you pay for!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Quailchick
Dalton, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

Stayed here for one night in room 101, thats all it took for me to decide to go somewhere else. Room needed a good cleaning from top to bottom. The corners of the bathroom floor were nasty. The A/C never did cool the room completely. Furniture was very dirty and worn. Desk had something sticky all over it, maybe cola. Price was cheap -about $45 guess you get what you pay for, looked so good from the outside.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank myke_t
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2005

I don't even want to give it one dot.

When it was the Ramada Inn, it was wonderful but it went under new managment and has been horrible the other times I've stayed there it has been horrible.

You have to ask to have a room with a microwave and fridge, AND cable. Appearently, even though these are pretty standard at other hotels, they are extra here and you must notify the front desk you want them or be shuffled around (the max was 5 times). There was one time they even had me in a room that was already occupied.

There room rates are not as advertised. The last time I went, the sign said "ask about jacuzzi suite $79.99." When I went in, he charged $119. I asked him about the price on the sign, he said it was the weekly rate and the wind must have blown off the 1. However, weekly rates were never mentioned on the sign either.

When I said I didn't want the room if it would be that much (because the "suite" did not have a microwave, refrigerator, freeon in one of the two a/c units, one TV did not have cable and the others volume was stuck at a high level) he supposedly canceled it out.

My bank called me the next day to notify me that I had two pending transactions to the same company. So I called to just ask if it took the cancelation time to show up and was treated VERY rudely. The sad thing was it was by the man who had checked me in. It took me telling him that I would contact my bank and lawyer for him to tell me "he didn't handle payments and would have to have someone call me back."

Not only that, but a time previously when I had stayed... there was no alarm clock in the room. I asked for a wake up call and explained the situation. Not only did they not call and I ended up oversleeping and being late for work, I was awakened by them practically barging in (read banging on the door while walking in and saying Office Manager) they were threatening to charge me another night's stay for oversleeping when they neglected to call (but had it on record I requested it).

In short, this hotel used to be wonderful (and even had a hot breakfast bar) before they underwent new management. Now I will never stay there again thanks to their attitutde and either obvious scams for more money or stupidity and poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2005