“Final Resting Place”

Memorial Hill Cemetery
More attraction details
Owner description: The site of Flannery O'Connor's grave.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Final Resting Place”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

After visiting Andalusia, a look at Flannery O'Connor's grave seemed in order. Thinking I had little chance to locate the grave site, I went to Memory Hill Cemetery anyway. I drove in and noticed a couple standing about 100 yards away. I drove to their location and asked if they knew where Flannery's grave was located. The lady said she did and that she would show me the lolcation. She began trotting up the roadwaly towards the entrance. I followed along behind her in my car. A police vehicle entered the cemetery at that time, and there I was following a young lady in my car! She waved at the officers and continued down the road. After about one hundred yards. the lady turned to her right and went down a pathway.
Shortly thereafter, she stopped, pointed toward the cemeteriy's b ordering fence and saiod, "There itd is

I thanked her profusely and got out of my vehicle. There was Flannery's grave, along side that of her mother Regina, and her dad, Edward. It was a very sad but peaceful setting. As was Flannery's wont, she did not want any special recognitioin on her grave site, ergo, there was none. Her grave was identified just the same as other graves in the vicinity.
I think it would be very difficult to find her grave without someone pointing it out as my young lady did. I am very grateful to her for her help.

Visited April 2012
5 Thank Gary D

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Grandmother and Grandfather rest there!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Large, clean, well maintained and easy access. I do not ever get to visit but I would drive by often, I need to stop in and see my grandmother, they did get the headstone put up quickly!

Visited September 2011
Milledgeville, a metropolis among the trees
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“It is Memory Hill Cemetery not Memorial Hill”
Reviewed February 18, 2008

For you cemetery sight-seers out there Memory Hill in Milledgeville is an excellent place with lots of history. Graves include those of American Revolution, Civil War, and WWI/WWII vets as well as other wars. There are graves for slaves from the slavery period. A couple of "witches" are buried there. It is just full of history. Contact the dept of tourism when you are in town for a ride on the trolley and guided tour.

6 Thank HughJazzRocks