“Average seafood at best....”
Review of Captain Joe's

Captain Joe's
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We are a local family owned seafood restaurant. We have a wide variety of menu options to make every seafood or land lover happy. Great for a quick lunch or a nice casual dinner with friends and family. Come see us today! We have banquet rooms for events and business meetings. Our fans win free dinners!
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ate at Captain Joe's while visiting family and was very disappointed. Having grown up on the Georgia coast I was hoping to get some fresh, local seafood but I am not sure that is what was delivered. I ordered the catch of the day, broiled grouper, which came out soaked in butter. My wife ordered the salmon which was so dry she could not eat it. Another in our party ordered the trout but it looked like frozen fish that had been microwaved. I will say that everyone that got a fried dish was happy with it and the salad bar is very good. Not sure I would recommend anyone come here if they are really looking for good, local seafood.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My son asked for Ranch Dressing when he placed his order, which the waitress acknowledged. She brought the drinks, then the food and vanished. Saw her once going by the table, tried to flag her down and she walked by without any hesitation. Next thing we knew she left the resturant. Had to go to another server to get the Ranch Dressing but never once was checked on again. Never got a ticket and had to ask the manager for one when we went to pay. Told her of the issues, was curtly told "sorry" and that next time I should avoid the waitress's section.
The food is "OK" at best and the service is too low to rate. Not worth the effort to try; avoid if at all possible.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ordered a sirloin steak and received a cheese tasting freezer burnt piece of meat. When the waitress gave me another steak it was a ribeye. Very discourteous service. At that point I was fed up and told the waitress to feed the replacement steak to a dog

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have eaten at the one outside Baxley Georgia several times and it has always been really good. Sometimes you get catfish filets and sometimes you get whole catfish. The fish is always cooked perfect. The portions are kind of small for the price. We ate there today for $15.75 I got two whole catfish and some fries. My wife loves the shrimp and the salad bar. Service has always been really good.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Everytime I'm in the area I make sure I eat at this restuarant at least once. The food is wonderful and the staff is pleasant. Anytime you're in the area try this restaurant.