“Kind server, very pricey and the food is just so so, and hubby didn't feel so well a few hours after having the stuffed flounder”
Review of Holton's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Holton's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We drove out for another restaurant that had come highly recommended, but we missed the lunch time, so elected to try Holton's instead. The cost for two kids meal, one adult fried shrimp (comes with 2 hush puppies, baked potato and salad) and an order of stuff halibut (about the same side options) was 64.00 with a nice tip. It took about 40 min for our food to come, no music, and it felt a little award bit I can say the waitress was very sweet and kind. The salad was from a bag with iffy tomatoes and that's it...fried shrimp were overdone and didn't taste fresh, but not awful. My husband had the crab stuffed flounder, he thought it was ok....until a few hours later when the unmistakeable signs of eating bad food showed up. The rest of us were fine, thank goodness! We will not be making a return trip until we sees this place on Kitchen Nightmares.

Florence, South Carolina
“Fried shimp over cooked!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Salad bar was fresh but fried items over cooked. Service fair but food was 40 minutes coming to the table.

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Better than fast food.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stopped by on our way back to Atlanta from Savannah. Fried oysters were good as well as the shrimp. My daughter enjoyed the mashed potatoes and gravy. Had mostly a large church crowd for the buffet. Was quite pricey for what you received I thought, if the price was halved, I would return. 42 bucks for two meals and only water to drink for lunch struck me as costly. I mean we aren't talking fine dining here, more like diner type food. Didn't hate it though, but didn't love it either. Not as good as Carey Hilliard's in Savannah if you need a reference point.

• Visited May 2012
Macon, GA
“usually reliable fresh seafood”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a place right at I-95 (Exit 76 in Georgia) where you can stop and get good fresh seafood. Decor is rather dated, not much to look at, but you're coming here for the tasty food, not the atmosphere. Onion rings are also fresh. Shrimp, fish, oysters, scallops -- all quite tasty. You can get them broiled or fried. I've been here 6 times, and had 5 good experiences -- I'll chalk up my one bad meal to them just having an off day, and go back again.

• Visited March 2012