“good chow, good folks”

Add it.
Senor Luis's Grill & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 30, 2011

good folks...sincere owner who cares about his business

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Honestly the Worst Mexican Food Ive ever Eaten...I mean a hard shell chulupa and a grease filled cold chili relleno....reallt dont waste ur time taco bell is more authentic than senor luis

1  Thank Jessicabishop0179
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stopped here after a trip to Atlanta. The restaurant is an old Wendy's modified into a Mexican Grill. The decor is a bit outdated, but the service is decent. I had a taco, burrito and chille relleno combo plate. They brought out the complementary chips and salsa, but the salsa is not well flavored and left a lot to be desired. The dinner wasn't too bad, however, we didn't feel the flavor was really that strong. The guacamole is a heavy sour cream based dip that really doesn't yield much avocado flavor. If you're stopping off in Metter for Mexican, be prepared for mediocre. We did find our service was pretty good though! However, the food just wasn't quite up to par.

1  Thank gjscraftygirl
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed November 26, 2008

yummmm! got vegetarian fajitas minus cheese and sour and it was fantastic! they give you huge portions and its very reasonably priced. a mariachi band was playing while we ate, which was really fun... AND they serve negra modelo... my favorite mexican beer. woot!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I frequently stop for food and fuel in Metter because it's about the only convenient place along I16 between Macon and Savannah. Restaurant selection in Metter is just about non-existent, so I was excited to see this 'new' restaurant right off the highway. It's actually an existing Metter restaurant that has remodeled and moved into a closed Wendy's. The quality of the remodel work is great, however they made little to no attempt to hide the fact that it used to be a Wendy's. But still it's a nice place. I was also excited when I found on the menu an item called a 'Fried Shrimp Po-Boy Burrito'. I love all things cajun/creole, and I eat just about anything wrapped in a tortilla, so this seemed right up my alley. After ordering the burrito arrived within one to two minutes, and this had me worried since it should have taken considerably longer to fry the shrimp. Well, it turns out the shrimp weren't actually 'fried'. I questioned it and the response back from the owner was that 'they don't bread 'em in Mexico'. They insisted that they were fried in the deep fryer, but looking at the shrimp it was clear that they were grilled. Overall it wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good either. It had a lot of potential, but definitely failed to live up to it in my opinion. I've only been here once, so maybe they do a better job with the usual staples. And what may also be just a fluke, the chips served with the salsa were 'bitter'(?), like maybe the oil they were fried in was old/burned and needed to be changed (although I seriously doubt that they fry their own chips, so it's more likely a vendor issue). Despite all of this, if you find yourself in need of grub in Metter, give them a try and maybe you'll have a better experience.

2  Thank dweeeb