“Empire of China in McDonough, GA While Traveling Route 75”
Review of Empire of Chinia

Empire of Chinia
Ranked #144 of 217 Restaurants in McDonough
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We actually were looking for Kroger's with a gas station and our GPS took us to exit 221 off of 75 in GA, We needed gas and had Kroger fuel points we wanted to use. After filling up the gas tank, we decided to eat lunch as it was 2:30 PM. Empire of China was in the same plaza and since we hadn't had Chinese in a while - we thought we would try it. So glad we did.

Being mid-afternoon it was not busy. We were seated immediately and our drink order was taken and delivered. Next we ordered from the lunch menu and we both picked General Tso's Chicken with Hot & Sour Soup for $5.79. You could also have had an Egg Roll for an addition $.80.

My husband loves spicy. Now, normally most Chinese reastaurant offer from 1 to 5 on a spice scale, but at Empire of China our waiter offered 1 to 10. WOW! was my husband drooling, as he ordered 9!

Next our waiter brought us homemade Chinese chips, not those pre-packaged dried strips, but crispy, puffy, ever so slightly greasy chips. They were the size of ex-large Fritos, but much, much lighter. They were delivered with homemade mustard sauce, that was very tasty and would definitely clear your sinuses! Waiter noted it had been made fresh that morning by the owner. We polished off one bowl and we were asked if we wanted a refill - you bet!

Soup was served hot, but a bit too vinegary for me. So I threw in a few Chinese chips. The General Tso's Chicken was excellent - a large pile of white meat chicken in a crispy crust and great General Tso sauce with a mountain of fried rice. Fortune cookie at the end.

This reataurant is in the same stripp mall as the Kroger grocery store. Booths, tables, the usual Chinese decorations. Bathroom floor was sticky, but it was probably the industrial strenght cleaner they use, as the facilities were very clean.

Did not have my camera in the restaurant, but I did take pics of their current menu when I got home. Enjoy!

1  Thank magic_carpets
There are newer reviews for Empire of Chinia
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I've been to this reastaurant a couple times and had dinner as well as lunch. The food is always fresh and they prepare everything pretty quick - even if there are many people at the restaurant. The staff is the most friendly staff I've ever seen! Even if you've only been there like one or two times, you have the impression that they remember you and they always have time for some small talk. Your drink is refilled so quickly - you don't even get the idea to ask for a refill ;-)! They offer many vegetarian meals and they will help you to pick the perfect meal for you! I will always come back! :-)

1  Thank Patty1984