“Good Food Bad Habits...”

Gritz Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 217 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The food was good, the service was good so, why I rate this poorly? My husband and I went here for breakfast on a friday morning. Halfway through our meal I go to the restroom. Stacked all along the hallway by the restroom is this restaurants meat, egg, dairy, and produce shipments that haven't been put away. So, out of curiousity I touch an exposed bag of chicken and what do you know it is AT ROOM TEMP.... Very Dangerous for meat!!!!!!!! Everything that was out was at room temp!!! So, I return to my table explain this to my Husband (we did not finish our meal at this point) My Husband starts looking for the restaurants health review and when he finds it we wished we had of looked before taking a bite of food here.... There rating was a 56. We have not been back since and do not plan to return there for fear of getting sick because of the way they handle their food!!!

2  Thank mcdonoughmom
There are newer reviews for Gritz Family Restaurant

Reviewed May 29, 2012

A real comfort food place for breakfast or lunch. Closes at 3. Prices are very reasonable. No canned or frozen foods here.

2  Thank Southernadvocate
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I had the chicken fried steak, Mac an cheese, fried okra, and corn bread. The chicken fried steak an okra were hand breaded and were very good. The Mac and cheese was made from scratch. I was expecting sweet cornbread but it was normal. My wife had the fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, and cole slaw. I was a little thrown off it being a boneless skinless chicken bread but it was probably the best fried chicken we have had close to the same as Coop's in Charlotte. The chicken and dumplings were good but need a tad bit more seasoning. Coleslaw was hand made but but not our style. We had a piece of pecan pie that was close to the same as my grandmother. Overall a good restaurant to eat at.

2  Thank tattskin
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We always attempt to find a non-chain restaurant for breakfast, & Gritz was the ideal place. It's a charming establishment with a varied menu. My wife & I stuck to the basics with eggs, homefries, toast, & bacon. The server was efficient, the food arrived in a timely fashion, & it was delicious. The price was also quite appealing. As long as you don't spend hours knitting instead of eating, I can't imagine that you would be any happier at a Denny's or a Waffle House. If we're ever in this neighborhood again we would not hesitate to eat here again.

2  Thank rspataskala
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Good alternative to waffle house or huddle house. Locally owned diner that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The service is excellent.

2  Thank Gary T