“never again”

KUMA Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Betw. Interstate S. Dr. and Thoroughbred Rd.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

my 1st and last time to eat there.we received 10 overdone done shrimp,5 raw scallops, and 1 overdone piece of lobster for "Sea of Japan" at $29.We had a party of 6 and 2 others who sat at the same grill.By the time the cook served my husband the only veggies left was a small spoon of ONIONS. The "soup" was merely bullion with 3 noodles and the salad was plain iceberg-not very Japanese at all.And all the staff had to say was "we're sorry"--nothing else . NEVER again!

There are newer reviews for KUMA Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch with a group, slow grill service, veggies weren't done enough, soup was broth with 3 rotini noodles, salad was very good, wished there had been more, shrimp were good, fried rice is extra of course, it was good, loved all three of the sauces. Suchi was good too.

1  Thank Beachkat1
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Have been to KUMA on many ocassions and food is ALWAYS great. Also, this rest. is on GROUPON and Restaurants.com. Good way to get a great meal for a lot less. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I love Japanese and this place is the best around. My wife and I always get the Kuma Deluxe for Two. It's about $40 and we can eat at least two meals with the amount of food you get. There is plenty to take home. If you like sushi, try the Oh My God roll. It's one of my favorites. I order it all the time. The orange dipping sauce is very tasty. It can be loud in there at times but that is to be expected at a place like this. Give it a try. You'll love it.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Food is not fresh I ordered Filet and Chicken and my Husband and Kids ordered Shrimp and Steak and their Steak was better than my Filet. Had to wait till we were almost finished eating before we received our drinks. The Vegetable's were not done at all he cooked them last for about 2 min. and they were so hard they could not be ate. Everyone else that was at the table were also complaining that Vegetable's were not done. The only thing that was good and worth eating was the fried rice.. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THIS PLACE YOU WILL BE VERY UPSET AFTERWORDS. I'M STILL TELLING ALL MY FRIENDS NOT TO GO THERE. I read some reviews before we went and they were good but trust me who ever wrote them didn't know what they were talking about.