“Comfortable Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here on a cross country trip from California to Florida.

The rooms were comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the tv, fridge, and ac unit worked perfectly. Everything was clean as well. Very quiet, besides one semi that was stocking the convenience store in the parking lot. We were right behind that, so it was fairly loud, but we went right back to sleep when it left. Slept great besides that. The shower ran a little too hot for my tastes, but I'm a lukewarm shower type of person, so I'm sure that would be a benefit for everyone else (:

The man at the front desk was nice enough to let us back into the room when I left my cell phone, and even nicer to call when he found my ID as well (we were nearing the end of our trip and a little brainless to say the least).

Very conveniently located if you need to grab a bite to eat as well. Great place to rest your head for the night without any troubles!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Was 90 degree plus weather and ac only worked 4 min at a time!(yes I timed it).baseboard trim near window was off!
Looked under ac unit to figure out why not working could see back wall of property!room 113

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Craciebubba
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was searching for a motel South of Atlanta that would take dogs and had good ratings on Tripadvisor. We were northbound and wanted to pass through the city early morning before traffic. I picked this Econo Lodge and was very pleased with our overall experience. Reviewers are correct in the exterior appearance (plain, not fancy but clean) and the location (cement highway divider the entire length of the block with NO access road...must U-Turn at the traffic light). The room was clean and just what we needed with no frills. The beds were comfortable. Surprisingly there was no traffic noise with the AC off. We had a small boat in tow and the manager showed us where to park. There was plenty of light in the parking lot during the night and we felt very secure. We left early so I can't comment on the continental breakfast. The photos are representative of the motel and rooms so I didn't take any pictures. I'm guessing all the rooms are the same. We were on the ground floor at the end of the motel behind the convenience store. I will say the manager was very attentive and pleasant. He came to our room right after check in to make sure we knew how to work the remotes on the TV. There are plenty of restaurants in the near area to chose from (Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel are driving distance within a mile). The RaceTrac station across the street has good fuel prices and is easy access before going to the motel. There is a gas station with a convenience store directly in front of the motel parking area, as well. We left early morning Sunday and went through the I-75 Atlanta corridor without difficulty.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel in the past year. Both times I found the room clean, the hotel quiet and the staff very courteous and helpful. I did not partake of the continental breakfast that was mentioned at check-in, so I cannot comment on that. The place is not much to look at from the outside, and the decor is a bit dated (they have not made bathroom tile that color in 50 years), but for the money, you will not find a better place to spend a night on the road off of I-75.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This motel was selected by our sponsor because of its proximity to our event and the economic price. I went in with no real expectations. It was just your average inexpensive hotel - no frills.

My one real issue is it is impossible to get to without going down the road and making a U-turn. I was driving a bus and could not U-turn, so I had to find a side street, travel down that to find a satisfactory turnaround, head back out, and finally turn down the road to the motel. It's not really Econo Lodge's fault that it is that way; it's just majorly inconvenient.

If you need a cheap motel to stay at, this one is acceptable. The rooms were clean. The facility is withing walking distance of several fast-food restaurants if you want more than a muffin for breakfast. There is a convenience store directly in front of the rooms for a quick late night snack. Just keep your expectations in line for this type of lodging.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KSFMusic
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during business trip. Arrived late and left early so cannot address amenities. First glance of hotel and I thought I had made a mistake. Exterior is not the most aesthetically pleasing with mini-mart/ convenience store in front. Pleasantly surprised that management was most friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Bathroom areas tend to be problem in most motels, but not here as bathroom was clean. There was also a mat in bathtub to help keep visitors from slipping. Hotel is on major highway and interstate so noise could be issue. I kept ac unit on low cool for white noise and had no problem. No reservations about staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There are numerous restaurants nearby. Easy egress from and entry to interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

At first glance you would think that the rooms would be run down but surprisingly they aren't. The only thing I found a problem with is that there was a little dark buildup around the tub mat but other than that everything was okay. I got a double room and it was very spacious. It included a chair by the window, a dining table with two chairs, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, and coffeepot. The bars of soap were larger than the normal square bars you get from other hotels. The room was very clean, and if I'm ever in the area again, this would be the hotel of choice. It was only $39.99 plus tax and there was a continental breakfast. The hotel could use a little TLC outside but the rooms were decent and comfy. It is also located right off of I-75.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mzkay478
Also consider these accommodations in or near McDonough
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
#6 of 23 in McDonough
Comfort Suites McDonough
Comfort Suites McDonough
#10 of 23 in McDonough

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!