“Very clean / great hosts ”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Orlando. Joann checked us in with a smile at 10pm. Air was on in room and we appreciated the blessing. Good breakfast and thanks Candy for your help checking us out. We had a good nights rest. Lobby is so welcoming and you feel at ease as you enter. Super cute pool area and very clean well landscaped property.

Stayed: June 2014
Fairfield M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My parents live in Florida and we live in Ohio so we are constantly making this LONG trip down 75. We were very pleased with this Fairfield Inn. Very clean and friendly. Didn't have a chance to visit the pool and hot tub but it looked so inviting! Rooms were spacious and updated. Only complaint was that the treadmills in the gym were broken. Other than that a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Fairfield Inn & Suites McDonough! I am sorry that our treadmills were not working properly when you stayed. I will definitely have this taken care of so that you and other guests are able to use them on your next visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here for a baseball tournament. Group had 2 Q suites. Very roomy and clean. Group booking agent was extremely accommodating. Located near a lot of shopping like Dick's Sporting, Gander Mtn, etc. Restaurants - Cheddars, Chick Fil A, Steakhouses. Breakfast was decent for being free.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Fairfield M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so glad to know that you were pleased with your stay; come back soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My colleague and I were dumped in this hotel having arrived in Atlanta after midnight only to find that the Renaissance at the airport had over-booked. On arrival, it took half an hour to get checked in even though they were expecting us. I asked to buy some bottled water but none was available. How can you have NO water in a hotel? My room on the third floor was very musty and smelly and the corridor was half way through a redecoration giving a very bad impression. The air-conditioning unit fan was as quiet as a jumbo jet on take-off and the compressor rattled like a mans dying cough. In the end I had to turn the AC off just to get to sleep. On descending for breakfast we found it finished at 0900 - and that they had no knives anyway so we would not have been able to eat anything. The breakfast area was dirty, with several of the seats having jam and other substances on them. I suppose other guests must have used the furniture to replace the knives. In the morning, the reception area also stank of cleaning products - although this could have been chlorine from the minuscule swimming pool situated nearby.

To not be completely negative, I found all the staff faultlessly polite, but that in no way makes up for the experience I had staying here.

Room Tip: Pick a different location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for bringing your recent stay to my attention. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I have addressed the concerns regarding the air conditioning unit with the engineering department and I apologize for the breakfast hours not being conveyed to you upon check in. We are in the process of remodeling our hotel to make it a better experience for our guests.

Once again thank you for your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Got to this property around 1 AM the other night after a 10 hour drive with my wife and two kids under 3 years old. Needless to say I was ready for some peace and rest.

Parked under the canopy and was greeted with a handwritten, unprofessional sign that the hotel was sold out. No worries, I had a reservation and am a Marriott Gold Elite member. Entered the alcove through the first set of automatic doors, and the next set are shut with a sign that says to use your room key to enter or use the phone on the wall which calls the front desk. Picked up the phone and could hear the front desk phone ring. And ring. And ring... You get the idea.

After 5-7 minutes of this, got out my cell phone and called the property from inside the alcove. Ring... Ring..
Ring...

At this point I'm getting annoyed, so try to see if the middle automatic doors can be pried open. With some work, they could be and so I did. Got through and walked to the front desk, dropped my bags loudly thinking someone behind the desk would come out... Crickets. Waited another couple minutes thinking maybe the person was in the restroom or something.. Nothing.

Finally I shouted, in a voice no louder than the ringing of the telephone "is anyone working here?" Immediately pops out a young lady from behind the front desk wall. I inform her how long I have been there calling and waiting and she explains that she is required to fold towels and could not hear the phone. I asked her, wouldn't you be expecting guests to still arrive if the hotel is sold out and you still have reservations which have not checked in yet? At that point she kindly informed me that "I ain't tryin to go back and forth wit you" about the situation.

Fine, just give me my room key. Even that took 10 more minutes.

Room was standard and no issues with it. Parking was nonexistent because the lot was filled, I mean filled with trucks for an electric company that were each so big they had to take up two spaces.

As a gold elite member who pays for a good 75 nights a year at Marriotts, this experience left an awfully sour taste in my mouth.

Get it together.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank crackedpulse
Fairfield M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I am very sorry about your arrival experience at our hotel. Please rest assured that we take customer service very seriously and when a team member fails to deliver, it is a reflection on the entire staff. The concerns you have shared have been addressed and we have put procedures in place for this incident not to occur in the future .

The next time your travels bring you to the McDonough area, I hope that Fairfield Inn & Suites wil still be your choice of hotels.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on points while on our way to Florida. The hotel was very clean and appeared to be fairly new. Our room was right across from the elevators but still quiet. The room was well appointed with desk, keyboard, 2 additional chairs, and those great Fairfield beds. I do prefer a room with the sink seperate from the rest of the bath but that would be my only complaint. The breakfast was wonderful with scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles along with continental offerings. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! These are the types of things we love to hear!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The room was just OK, there were remmovations being done in the hallway and there was a children's softball team staying on our floor. Kids running up and down the hallways, Ice machine clanking all night, stairs were busy with kids. We get almost no sleep. The bed was just ok and the room could have been cleaner. The staff was nice and the check in and out process was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Good day! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I am terribly sorry that we still had work going on at the property during your stay. I am also sorry that the softball teams we had in house were not considerate of other guests in the hotel, we tried to manage the noise as much as possible along with the chaperones and address any issues that came up. When it comes to your room, it definitely should have beed spotless uponm check-in. If you don't mind I would love to hear in more detail about what exactly was wrong in your room so that I am able to address this with my team. Please contact the hotel and ask for Marcia Brandon, I am available at your convenience. Thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near McDonough
Courtyard Atlanta McDonough
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta McDonough? Share your experiences!