“Clean, great location”

Holiday Inn Express McDonough
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Florida. The hotel is right off of I-75 with plenty of restaurants and gas stations around. A Chick-Fil-A is right next door. The hotel was VERY nice and not what I expected for a Holiday Inn! We had a King suite with a small fridge, sink, cabinets, couch and desk - very spacious. The "kitchen" area even had paper plates and paper towels which were great as we ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut down the street and brought it back to our room. The bathroom had a large vanity. The complimentary breakfast had a large selection of both warm and cold items. We were getting food to go and there was a sign that said "Hitting the road? Ask for a to-go bag!" We asked for a to-go bag and were told they were out but the woman told us she would get us some ziploc bags if that would help, which it did! If this is what Holiday Inns have become now I would definitely stay at them more often. We paid about $100 for the night with all the taxes and it was worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value your input and your compliments will be shared with the staff so they know their hardwork is appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kelly Culver

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express McDonough

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I stayed here based on the other reviews I saw on Trip Advisor. I was driving from Miami to Chicago, and this was a great place to spend the night. The exit is well lit, has lots of restaurants, and gas stations. The hotel is very easy to find. The hotel was clean, new looking, and very affordable. I've payed a lot more in the past for a lot less. Great fast internet, nice TVs, and the room was HUGE. I stayed in room 301. The bed was the slightest bit hard, but very nice pillows and linens. At first I was worried because it was next to the ice machine, but I think I heard it once. The room, as I've mentioned, was HUGE and VERY clean. The desk staff was friendly, and called after I settled in to make sure I had everything I needed. Overall my only complaint was the walls are kinda thin, and I could hear someone talking or walking or something. Also, the windows don't open- not even a crack. But thats being nit-picky.
Seriously, this hotel is great for business travelers, and probably amazing for families because the room was so huge. The free breakfast was pretty average but the rest of the amenities make up for that. Besides, what are you really expecting from a free breakfast?

Overall, the hotel is new, clean and safe. I will try to stay here every time I have to make this drive.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Loved the hotel. The staff was great. I enjoyed the breakfast in the morning, much more than I'm used to getting at a "free" breakfast.
I was annoyed with all of the traffic but other than that my stay was great. I loved the beds! I have to get one of them! I would love for the hotel to post what type of mattress it was.

The lady who checked me out was very helpful in directing me to Savannah. Thanks for the recommendations. I enjoyed the Staybridge in Savannah.

I plan on using this hotel whenever I am traveling on I-75. You can't beat the service or the rates.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Highspeed83
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Since no one would answer my messages I had to contact the main office web site... ***I have tried to contact the hotel several times and left numerous messages. No one will get back with me. My employee was given an invoice for $115.58, and $231.16 was charged on his card. We originally requested two nights; his assistant called and cancelled the first night the week before. The hotel staff was aware of this and Mr. Scarbor was then given the invoice for $115.58. We thought everything was taken care of, until we saw the credit card bill. Now we keep getting the run-around. I would like the extra amount credited off of our card and the card number deleted from the McDonough, GA store's records as we will never use this location again. We understand that sometimes mistakes happen, but, are Extremely dissatisfied with how this has all been handled by your company. ***

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Advise101
GeneralManager83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

The reservation in question was an advance purchase reservation. Part of the restrictions associated with that particular rate discount are no cancellations or refunds will be allowed without full forfeit of the deposit. When making the reservation online you are required to check off that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the reservation rate.

We did everything we could to work with the issue involving this reservation. We offer a variety of rates with different restrictions so you can best select the rate/restrictions that work with your travel plans. It is unfortunate when the reservation is not made correctly based on your travel needs. The hotel did not purposely inconvenience the guest with these restrictions as the restrictions were present at time of reservation and the person making the reservations agreed to them with the full knowledge of the consequences if cancelled or altered.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travel plans. Remember, it is important to read the details when making any reservation to prevent future confusion or frustration.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I love this hotel and from now on will only stay in Holiday Inn Express! The indoor pool/hot tub allowed my kids and me to relax and spend some quality time together before dinner. The room was so comfortable we all slept like babies and perfectly rested for the next day. It was quiet and everyone around us seemed professional or families like us. The breakfast was fantastic and filled us up before we got back on the road. I will stay here anytime I travel through Georgia.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mom2many19

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our property. I have passed along your compliments to the entire staff so they know their efforts are noticed and appreciated.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Love this hotel! We stayed here over the 4th of July holiday as a pass through. The hotel Manager Sean was great, the room wonderful..very spacious and breakfast was good..bacon, pancakes, yogurt, pastries etc. Be warned that the rates tend to cheaper on Holiday Inn website than walking in. I was quoted $105 with AAA at the desk, but found the same room on their website with AAA for $89. The Manager said they can't see those rates and was happy to let me use the computer to book the cheaper rate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We strive to provide excellent service for our guests and we appreciated the opportunity to assist you with getting the best rate possible for your stay.

I will be passing along your appreciation to the entire staff to ensure everyone knows their efforts are noticed and appreciated.

We hope you will stay with us again.

Kelly Culver

Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed here to be close to the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure. It was about 20 minutes away.

We booked a suite, which was two queen beds and a sofa sleeper with one flat screen tv and kitchenette.

The beds, pillows, & linens were comfortable, except that whenever someone moved, the entire bed moved and squeaked. With a family of five in the room, this was a bit annoying.

The bathroom had a great shower. The vanity was located inside the bathroom.

The pool was indoors and inlcuded a hot tub. There were chairs located on an outdoor area for those wanting sun. There was also a small laundry room and a small gym and a business center.

The breakfast was plentiful and included hot items.

The internet was FREE.

The worst part of this stay was the paper thin walls and floors. There was a slumber party next door to us and when they came in from their excursion, we could hear them through the walls, but they quickly settled down. Then about 12:30 AM our entire family was awoken to the sound of running above us. This went on for about 10 minutes and we called the front desk. The man who answered promised to look into it immediately and it did stop within 10 minutes of the call.

The hotel is located next door to a Chick-fil-a and nearby many other stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family